Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count jumping erratically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Blaze for a number of months and it's been reasonably accurate at tracking steps.  Starting yesterday, though, it seems to have lost its mind.  My step count jumps several thousand steps while I'm sitting in a chair doing nothing.  But then it counted 26 steps in a ~1 mile walk.  When I look at the 15 minute step count detail online, that looks somewhat close to reality (though when the activity occurred looks to be a couple hours off) but it doesn't come close to matching the day's step total.  The step count detail shows that I have probably 3-4,000 steps today which is about right.  The Blaze and the web site, though, show that I have 11,000.  And that has increased several thousand steps today while I've been pretty stationary.

I have tried restarting the Blaze and restarting the phone I sync with last night.  I also installed the most recent update to the Fitbit app on my phone.  That doesn't seem to have changed anything.  Is there something else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Forums @JustinCave, thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. Just to be clear, your tracker is registering steps while you are doing nothing, right? If this is the case, I recommend restarting your Blaze a couple of times more since it can take some time for the restart to start working.

Also, you can negate the extra information by manually logging the activity "Driving". You can log this activity by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the "+" icon

2. Tap Track Exercise

3. Enter the information required

4. Tap Log It

5. Sync

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer