Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step counts is way off, how do I fix this?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I just bought the Blaze and yet again, my steps are off. This is my 3rd fitbit that I've tried (Charge Hr, Alta and now Blaze) what is wrong with them not counting correct?? Help please! I like the Blaze and it's features but I didn't purchase it for arm movements!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@cammieshelto44 A warm welcome to the Community! I would like you to make sure that you have all your personal information properly entered, just because Fitbit tracker will track all your data based in the information that you entered when you create your profile. 

Also, I would like you to measure your stride length by doing this.

Personally, I'm using Fitbit Blaze and it doesn't count arm movement at all. How many steps less or more are you getting? What kind of tests have you tried? 

Please make sure that you're not comparing your tracker with other trackers that aren't paired to an account or others that aren't Fitbit related. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you just got your Blaze and haven't reboot it yet, you might give that a try.  I had issues the 1st 3 days using it and called Customer Service and after this simple trick, my steps were spot on!  I believe to do this, you hold down the left botton and the right bottom button together and when you see the Fitbit symbol, let go.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So all my settings are correct....Yesterday, I set my stride length. I took 20 steps, measured the distance which was 43 ft, 5 inches. Came out to be 2.175 entered 2 ft, 2 inches. I hope I did that right. Today, I wore the Blaze and ended up with 17,000 steps and I barely moved. I noticed it was counting my arm movements. Very frustrating! I also walked 100 steps as a test and the blaze gave me a inaccurate count of 132. Been rebooting several times today and still the same problem.  Please help.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure it isn't too loose, it should fit kind of tight.

Best Answer
0 Votes