Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step tracker accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m into week 3 of my blaze and generally I love it. However, whilst the step count is fairly accurate to the level it should be (ie: not perfect but close) the device also records any movement of the arms as steps. As a result of this my total steps for the day is overestimated and therefore the calorie count or burnt. It makes me feel that these devices are less accurate than phone based apps where you can carry it in your pocket and not influenced by what your arms/hands are doing. Can anyone advise? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

One problem with an arm based tracker is that it has to look at arm movements to determine when the feet are moving .With your phone in the pocket it is looking at pocket movements to decide when the feet are moving. 

Take a look at @MarreFitbit's post .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the jawbone UP some years back and had this issue then. I’d hoped technology might have evolved a bit but clearly it hasn’t. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has evolved a lot @Henry70 one problem is that the arms are able to move ehilewthe feet are stationary. 

I do agree that trying to count fedtfno ementsenshile looking at arm movements makes absolutely no sense. 

The public however sees all the additional bells and whistles and wants the developer to figure out a no fault way of determining steps by looking at arm movements. I can do a search of any atm based tracker on the market from I company and find the same complaint. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Henry70 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I think that the link provided by our friend is really helpful. And about the extra steps you are getting, some people put their trackers inside a pocket to avoid this extra reading, you can give that a try. But if you notice that your tracker is not being accurate at all, keep me posted.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes