Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps her hour not calculating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi. I just got a blaze (two days ago) and love it so far, but I noticed today that the hourly step goal is no longer counting. So far today I've accumulated over 3,000 steps (most of them done in the last 3 hours), and my hourly count is still saying that I have not completed 250+ steps in an hour. That's not possible since I averaged over 1,000 steps/hour over the last three hours. Is there any way to fix this. It's not a big issue, but I'd like it to function properly. Thanks in advance for any help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Yes, that's what it means. All dots start off grey. When you hit 250 steps in an hour you get a red dot. When you hit 250 steps in every hour the. All the dots go green.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Might be worth just double checking your time zone setting in your profile.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The time zone is correct. It was counting the hourly steps fine yesterday, but nothing today. It's strange. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner and @Lordrobs thanks for stopping by and the recommendation. Woman Happy I would like to know if you keep having problems with your hourly steps information? If you do, I recommend doing a force sync from your iOS Fitbit app to update your information by doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app from your iOS device. Sign into your account if you haven't done so already. 
2. Tap your tracker name at the top of the app dashboard. 
3. Make sure your tracker has battery life and bring it near to your iOS device. 
4. Scroll down and tap the "Sync Now" tile and wait for the sync to complete. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Alejandra for the suggestion. I contacted support via email and over the last few emails I think I figured out the issue. I think I was confusing the red colored dots with not reaching the hourly goal. On the first day, all dots were green so I thought that if I did 250 steps during any given hour the dot associated with that hour would turn green (250 steps at 1:00 turns the 1:00 dot green even if I did not do 250 during the 12:00 hour, for example). On the second day, I did not reach the first couple hourly goals (sitting at a desk at work) and the dots were grey. But when I did a workout later that afternoon the dot associated with that afternoon hour turned red. I automatically associated red with "bad" and thought that meant it was saying I had done some steps, but still did not reach all 250 steps. Was I incorrect? Does red mean I did reach 250 steps during that hour, and green means I reached ALL hourly goals throughout the day? I hope that makes sense.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that's what it means. All dots start off grey. When you hit 250 steps in an hour you get a red dot. When you hit 250 steps in every hour the. All the dots go green.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer