Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please consider adding a "stop step counting" quick switch just like I can turn off the heart monitor. I have seen my steps inaccurately increase by 700 steps.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

What hand do you wear your fitbit on? This can effect the steps if you wear it on your dominant hand (the hand you use to write and eat). If so, make sure the settings are set to dominant hand, if not, Non Dominant-Hand. If that doesn't work I'd try checking your tracked is running version 17.8.301.4, you can see this in Settings>Version Number. If that is up to date turn it off and on again before you sleep and then when you wake up in the morning see if it is at 0, then about 1 hour into the day check the step count. If it is still very high about 5000, try contacting Fitbit support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DRIVER1234 i would suggest adding your vote and comment to this feature request.

Please  remember that typing in caps is rude, considered yelling, and against the policy of every message board. 

Best Answer
It got your attention, now if only somebody important reads this!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

No you did not get my attention, you got my aggrevation for your impolitness and disrespect for your fellow fitbit users. and i immediately flagged your post. I noticed a fitbit employee has edited both the title and the body, without adding a response.. 

The developers who are the ones you want to get the attention of do not monitor this section. This area is set up for the awesome community of fitbit users who volunteer, without pay, to help those that are having troubles and deserve a little more respect,l. . Especially when the post is beyond what this awesome community of fitbit users are able to fix. 

I provided a link to the feature suggestion board with a suggestion that pertains to your post. It is this feature suggestion board that is setup for fitbit users to express their thoughts to the fitbit developers. 

I have noticed that most of the new features in the new tracker and updates, came straight from users suggestions.l over there. This tells me that they do listen there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @DRIVER1234@Destroyerrhys and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by and the suggestions. Woman Wink I would like to know if you keep having problems with your tracker registering extra steps? If you do, I recommend checking this post, where @ErickFitbit is providing some troubleshoot about this inconvenience. 

See you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes