Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello I bought  fitbit blaze  few days ago. Im really happy with  it this is my first fitbit. I.be been able too see blaze  up quite  Rest. Any settings or questions I.ve had. I.ve been able  too find answers easily.either  in settings or through a online  help article

Today I.ve had a rest day. But my blaze  had overstated my hourly  sleep. At 2pm I was totally inactive. But my blaze  recorded  in today functon on blaze  screen. Itook 189 steps between  2pm and 3pm  which is impossible as was watching t.v and dident move. I looked in settings and stride is set too auto and looks right think it's 313 inch. Can't remeber exacley.  But I dident enter the 3 . Whatever it is. Assume my other info is going too inaccurate too idistannce and calories. Don' want info in today too be inaccurate   as that defeats reason  for buying and wearing blaze 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Forums @Jasonuk. Keep in mind that your Blaze might register some steps if you move your hands too much. To avoid this, you can restart your tracker and if the step count is really high, you can negate information by manually logging the activity "Driving" from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the "+" icon

2. Tap Track Exercise

3. Enter your information

4. Tap Log it

5. Sync

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello thanks for  reply. You mentioned if hands are moved a lot. That can affect step count. I'm mostly walking as moment. So should be able too keep my hands/arms under control. If this was not the case. You mentioned restarting my blaze.  Would this  be a one off thing. As in i would  only need too restart  bless once? Or would i need too restart it each time my arms. Or hands may of affected step count?.hear you sbout entering info in mannually. Would I

Just  track my walking on my mobile phone. Like I do under exercise page on blaze screen?. If idident have my blaze with me. I get useing mobile then. But too use mobile  when im wearing  my blaze. Because it functions  like a watch i would have blaze with me

So you track  on mobile just  because blaze is overestimating  steps after i.ve eliminated  arms waving and restart as possible causes  of estimation of steps. Too track on mobile then just because  blaze  is overestimating  stepcount. Don't sit right with me at all. I mean the blaze  is not exacley  cheap. As in it f

Cost  a fair it. It's reasonable too expect it can count steps correctly.  If h@

ad too use mobile because blaze not accurate. Would seriously  re consider weither fitbit is right for me. As Manley  bought it too count steps. And blaze should be capable  of doing that propley. I will try and restriction movement and restarting  blaze.  When you advice id restarting is a one off or I a regular thing. But the phone  tracking. Don't  really solve the problem. It may make steps '  accurate.  But it wont change fact blaze not working  by counting step correctley. Like it said it would when I bought it..not a great  start where I question  ' info as in steps blaze  is tracking. Maybe other fitness  trackers  are more accurate? . And I dr made a mistake buying blaze.  Will soon know. Thanks for advice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Jasonuk. After doing the restart process, did you test the tracker? If you didn't, I recommend counting your steps. You can walk 100 steps and after that, let me know how many steps the tracker registered.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes