Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not reading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Blaze doesn't read my steps as I am walking. The reader stands still, am afraid I am losing my steps. Why I can't see the steps that I am walking while walking? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Forums @DaisyLogan 🙂

Whenever you are still and start walking, it can take a few seconds for your tracker to show the step count live. If this doesn't show up, you can try restarting your tracker by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons for about 10-15 seconds and this will restart it. Once it has restarted it, walk again and see how it goes.

Also, besides that, make sure that  your step count is changing during the day on your tracker and on your app to make sure that steps are being counted and synced to your dashboard.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

As @FerdinandFitbit stated, your tracker does have a delayed response. It will start counting when you start walking, but doesn't give you credit or display these until at least 5 steps are taken. This is to help weed out false arm movements. On the Charge when it starts counting you'll actually see those 5 steps added at a quick pace.

I've noticed that when I stop walking, for a few seconds the tracker is still counting, to catch the display up to my true step count.

Best Answer