Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Frustration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So for several weeks now my Blaze won't sync. I have it set to sync automatically but for weeks now it has required resetting my phone and the device. I have had to do this several times a week. This recent bout of not syncing it hasn't synced in two days. I have tried to force it to sync as well and I just get the error of cannot sync over and over and over.

I have spoken with several other Fitbit wearers and they are running into the same issue. It's just getting a little annoying. Especially since I hardly ever had an issue with syncing in the past. I've been assuming Fitbit was working on a update on their side and that was the reason to the syncing delays. But again this has been happening for about a month now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
64 REPLIES 64

I've had Fitbits for over two years.  Two Charge HRs and now a Blaze.  Started with a Galaxy S4 and now have a Galaxy S8.  The only time I didn't have massive issues syncing was for a brief period when I had a work-issued iPhone 5s.  My wife has had two Charge HRs (tells you something about build quality as well, doesn't it?) with Apple phones and has had some but not many issues.  I have probably not gone more than two weeks at a time without having some issue or another.  Needing to manually sync, reset tracker, reset phone, reset bluetooth, toggle all-day sync & always connected, etc.  All of it.  Sometimes multiple times before I can get it to work.  My sympathies to the support staff who have to deal with the incompetent programmers.  Must get tired regurgitating the same ineffective troubleshooting steps.  Definitely will be my last Fitbit unless they can figure out how to make their watches to Android phones (or maybe they just can't figure out the Samsung bluetooth stack...who knows!).  Completely frustrated with these products...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alky!

I'm FFU (frustrated fitbit user). I, like you, have had numerous devices over the years. The past 2 weeks have frustrated me to no end with this stupid syncing issue (or shall I say - lack of syncing).

I'm going to go back to wearing a good, old-fashioned time piece and say Eff to the incredibly inaccurate and worthless step counting.

GOODBYE FITBIT and GOOD RIDDANCE!

~ FFU

Best Answer

@AlKaHall and @huganrse,

Please update to 2.60.1 and see if it fixes the issue. I received it last night and I see the Notification widget is no longer disappearing in a short time. I haven't been experiencing the syncing issue like you. However, the update may fix the syncing issue as well.

I hope it works for you and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is exactly the same.  I agree it's the model and I get the same stares from other users of other models. I actually bought an Alta Fitbit.  It Never has problems!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm at the latest from Google Play at 2.60.  This has been an ongoing thing for as long as I can remember.  I'm not going to hold my breath that they're going to get it right with a minor software revision.  And notifications?  HA!  Forget it.  I gave up on them ages ago.  They can't sync their own data...I don't expect them to now link in to 3rd party apps and get that data as well!  No wonder their stock price is in the toilet (which I sadly own too much of!).

Best Answer
0 Votes