Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tells current pace without connected gps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the fitbit blaze give the current pace of a run without being connected to a smartphone? This is a huge contention point in buying it as it would help staying on pace during runs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Well @SunsetRunner this would be a yes and no.

OK let me explain, without GPS the better calibrated your stride is the more accurate the pace and distance without the GPS will be. You see Fitbit will take your step and stride setting, then use math to calculate speed and distance. This is no different tyen Fitbits older trackers.

Fortunately Fitbit can hell here, going on runs with the GPS will allow Fitbit to auto calculate your stride. Fitbit says tye more a user runs with the connected GPS, the more accurate tye stride setting will become. My thought would be to tdo at least 5-10 runs at the desired race speed.

Now if you kniw your stride you may set it manually, also if when doing as known run, if tye distance is off, it's very easy to use math to find and correct the error.

Best Answer

I concur with Rich.  I've seen this same information elsewhere as well.  The more you use your fitbit with connected gps the more accurate it will be calibrated to your steps and strides.  

Best Answer
0 Votes