Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiny Awake Periods

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In my sleep stages I've noticed a bunch (more than 20) of tiny "awake" stages.  They last 30 seconds or so.  Does this mean I rolled over or something?  Is that now considered "awake?"  I guess that'd make sense.  By the way, my sensor is on normal, not sensitive.

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28
Thanks for the awesome info!! I'm really loving this watch!! It's the best
ever!! 😁❤️😁
Best Answer

I'm not finding the "Benchmarks".  I have a Blaze.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoeBit79   I see you are a new user.  I am not 100% sure, but I think you need to collect more data before you see the Benchmarks in the app.  To see them, tap on your sleep tile, then any day's trace.  Part way down the page, in the Sleep Stages bar graph section, there will be a toggle for Today/30 Day Avg/Benchmark.  I think you need to collect a little more data for that toggle to appear.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I'll check back once I have more data.

--
Joe
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - I am noticing that the research referenced is 12 years old and based on a very small study.  Is there any other, more up-to-date or comprehensive research available? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FerdinandFitbit ,

I realize I'm replying to a thread that's a few years old, but I have a few questions for you:

"... studies have shown a typical adult could wake up briefly between 10-30 times per night (source)."

What do you mean by a "typical" adult?  Please be a specific as possible.

The source to which you linked no longer exists (404).  Can you link to something more recent that suggests this pattern?

Also, I followed the link you provided to the National Sleep Foundation:  (1) The linked directed me to their page on disorders.  It is entirely possible that the "typical adult" could be one who has one or more sleep disorder.  If so, then such small red marks may be a legit reason for further investigation by the individual. (2) As this "small red marks" issue is specific to Fitbit, was unable to find any peer-reviewed studies this.  However, I was also unable to find any peer-reviewed material about having brief moments of being awake that did not correspond with a sleeping disorder. (3) The National Sleep Foundation is its own non-profit entity and does not appear to associate itself with any governmental organization about health or sleep.

As this is an current reply to an older thread, I realize that you might not be active in the forum anymore. I also realize this precise topic might have been covered again, more recently.  If you, or anyone else, can point me in a helpful direction, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

I believe what he was saying about 1 hour and 45 minutes was the time total he was awake. This is why his habits are showing up as normal in the bench mark 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wake up between 45-60+ times every single night and I am narcoleptic. From everything I’ve read on the internet, it is normal for the average adult to wake up 6-10 times per night. Just saying...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this posting is 5 years old, however, I ask you please to update your (source) here. It is not working and I would be interested in further reading on this topic. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes