Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Much Activity Logged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I did a quick run on the treadmill today and when I went to look at my Fitbit, it said that I had burned over 3000 calories for the day and had 298 active minutes... Which I know is not correct since my run was only for an hour and was the only activity I've done today. I tried restarting my Fitbit to see if the error would correct itself, but it did not. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Janece  Click on your Activities on the PC at this link and examine the graphs of Calories. That will highlight the extra activities in Green and Yellow.. You can then time space it.

If you had an elevated HR on the Blaze that will also contribute to the higher calories.

act 20sep17.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

But I would have had no reason for my heart rate to become elevated to the degree of allowing me more than a thousand extra calories that I never have burned before in my life. I work at my desk all day and my run was my only physical activity...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Additionally, mine shows that I had peak periods of calorie burning from 4-8 a.m. which can't possibly be since I was asleep at that time. 

wrong.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Janece, That is a very restless sleep! Smiley LOL First, I am guessing that you were wearing the tracker in bed. I once had it counting steps when it was on a table. It was on a surface that was vibrating due to a device with a fan. I also suspected once when putting it back on after a bath that it was somehow tracking HR from something. I was never able to duplicate it.

If you were wearing it, then how tight was it. I have seen my current steps showing more than actual. The tracker was loose on my wrist. I tightened it one notch and it started tracking accurately. My wrist routinely changes size by one notch. I make sure that it isn't on the loose side when going to bed. I have heard that if it is too loose, the HR doesn't record properly. In my experience it is usually loosing beats.

My suggestion is to check HR and steps to see if they sync with calories burned. HR should sync, steps shouldn't but might. If these ideas don't help you identify the issue, then I suggest contacting Fitbit Support.

Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Janece  THanks for responding because this will help others..

Let's go to the next stage and create a manual Custom activity in the PC for the period 4-8am for your HR . It's easier to create it in the PC, but the downside you need the calories.. BUT again, if you create the Manual Activity and then initiate from your phone it automatically inserts the calories.

You will get this type of graph which today, for my morning sleep is a plot every 2.4 seconds....., the downside, if you use this technique to measure activity it averages the calories over time and you could lose/gain active minutes if the average calorie burn is over 3 times your BMR

I have labelled my Custom Activity Blaze HR.  The second image is how you can "home" in on sections and analyze the results. I do that occasionally to examining my missing heart beat.. Not detectable by the way Fitbit records.  Cardiologist has passed me with flying colours.

sleep hr 23sep17.jpgBlaze HR breakdown.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much!

--
Janece Schommer
Goldendoodle Acres
920-725-5500
Best Answer
0 Votes