Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trollies or Yorks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why has my blaze taken me 12 hours to register 8000 or more step when pushing a York (a Tall cage on wheels which you need both hands to push for health and safety) across the warehouse floor which has ridges, then other days I can register 8000 steps in a 20 foot by 20 foot work space in 3 hours. But the blaze has no problem racking 10-15 steps if I scratch my nose or run my hand through my hair?

Can't the sensors on blaze not tell I am walking across the floor by measuring some from of resistance. How can this resolved? Please don't suggest sticking pebble in my pocket or sock as I like to keep tabs on my heart rate. The sole purpose of having tracker is to gather data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Kotli. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I can answer this for you. Fitbit trackers use a 3-axis accelerometer to understand your motions. An accelerometer is a device that turns movement (acceleration) into digital measurements (data) when attached to the body. By analyzing acceleration data, our trackers provide detailed information about frequency, duration, intensity, and patterns of movement to determine your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep quality. The 3-axis implementation allows the accelerometer to measure your motion in any way that you move, making its activity measurements more precise than older, single-axis pedometers.

However, it's more accurate when you move your tracker in step-like movements and this is the reason why if you're holding to something while you're walking, it will not count your steps properly. If you're brushing your teeth or doing any other activity that will require your tracker to move a lot, this will also cause your tracker to detect this as false steps but the amount of steps tracked this way will not make a big difference on your overall stats.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need anything else! 

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes