Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V02 information isn't changing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hay all,

So I’ve been hitting the cardio pretty hard this past month or so. My V02 is 49 at the moment which for my age is Good to Very Good. Just wondered why it doesn’t seem to alter. Unfortunately, I'm not able to go out running due to having two bouts of knee surgery. So I’m stuck to walking and a stationary bike / elliptical.

I've been doing 40+ mins daily for a month or so now and that’s in both cardio and fat burning zones. Can't understand how I’m much fitter and my weight is dropping just how I want it but my V02 isn’t altering?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Mind if I respond with a question? 

How do you have a VO2 reading if you can't run? Thought you had to go for a comfortable 10 minute run to get an exact number? Mine always shows a range, like 45-49. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve ran once in the last 18 months and it knocked my knee out for about 3 weeks so I didn’t bother again. Since then I’ve hit the cardio on the exercise bike every night / every other night. I also go out for walks most days which keeps my heart rate up in the fat burning zone.

im not entirely sure what actually affects it tbh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok then this is just my opinion. I have hip arthitus so a 10 minute run isn't happening so I can't verify. You probably got the exact number when you did the run. It's going to stay at that number until you update it again running? Might want to go back to the range guesstimate if you won't be running anymore. Although I have no idea how you'd get that back. My range moves around a bit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @NEO-BAHAMUT- it's great to see you around and @MarkMM thanks for the input.

I am sorry for the delay in response. Regarding your VO2 inquiry, your cardio fitness score is determined by your resting heart rate, age, sex, weight, and other personal information.

For best results, make sure your weight is correct in your Fitbit profile. Also, wear your Blaze to sleep for a better resting heart rate estimate. Your cardio fitness score will be shown as a range unless you use GPS for runs.

For tip about how you can improve this information, I recommend taking a look at the following help articles:

See you around. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit They went for one run and can't run anymore.  It would seem the Blaze is stuck on the run score and not returning to range mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes