Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View upcoming appointments for the day?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is this feature available at all?

upcoming agenda or calendar from iOS?

Fitbit can't be bothered to fix a big bug that takes minutes and lasted years
Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12
I would think this would be a function of the calendar app.. Fitbit doesn't read the calendar but only passed on what is sent to it.
Best Answer
I got my calendar set to notified me 1 hour before event. Come up on my blaze with no problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My calendar notifications come up on my Blaze with no problems either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean this as in all upcoming appointments.. As in all your appointments for the day ahead. 

So all your blazes show what you have coming up? say it's 8am, it will show you your 10am appointment and your 5pm appointment?

Best Answer

Mine doesn't do that, but I don't have soemthing that sends me that particular notification. The way I understand, if you get a notification on your phone, you should get it on your Blaze once that notification is enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks all of the help. 

It seems like there is no 'view' so to speak but I guess you are setting reminders about your events before they happen.

I was looking for something like this. Maybe in the blaze 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a previous watch that read the whole day's agenda so you could scroll through the whole day to view upcoming events, in addition to getting notifications for the set reminders.  I found that to be really useful, but the Blaze's other features won me over.  I WOULD SURE LIKE TO HAVE BOTH!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're missing the point--if it's not fitness info from the Blaze tracking, it's not on the watch. The blaze is simple a "middle man" for your phone notifications …

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you are missing the point.  The blaze is far more than a simple fitness device,  I wear mine for it's usefulness as well as fitness tracking.  Why not make it even more useful?  It makes more sense than being able to control music from your wrist -- a function not related to fitness.

Best Answer

No what you don't get is that controlling music is based on an old Bluetooth connection. Unless your phone sends a daily agenda, it's not a possibility to view anything happening on your phone from you watch. Those technologies aren't related. All the Blaze does is get notifications. The tech you want would require a device that's more technological than the Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After my Basis was recalled, I had an ASUS for about two weeks before I discovered the capabilities of the Blaze.  The ASUS did the whole day's agenda, and I think the App on the phone read the calendar and sent it to the watch.  I have a Fitbit App on my phone, and I would expect that the Fitbit engineers are as smart as the ASUS engineers.  So, it would probably take a minor change to the watch to receive the info from the Fitbit App if the App were modified to read the Calendar and transmit that info.

I am happy with the firmware upgrades that have taken place since I bought my Blaze as it keeps getting closer to the capability my Basis had.  But, that does not stop me from wanting  a very useful addition.  It should be really easy to do.I say that because *I* do not have to do the programming. ;>

Best Answer

I'm ***really*** missing my Microsoft Band v2, as it not only had this feature since version 1, but it had a whole lot more useful features/functionality.

I was forced to migrate from the Microsoft fitness Band to Fitbit mid-last year (2016) soon after Microsoft decided to stop manufacturing the Band. The local Microsoft Store offered me any free Fitbit of my choosing (I chose the Charge 2) in Exchange for my old MS Band.

The very first, original Microsoft band had this feature standard. You could very quickly and easily tap the calendar icon on the touchscreen and view a glimpse of ALL of your upcoming calendar appointments for the day. The Fitbit, however, only gives you a reminder for the next, single upcoming event. You can't view a summary of all future upcoming events (for the day/week), which was extremely helpful.

Aside from this [rant], there are other disappointments about Fitbit, whereas they don't truly have a REAL touchscreen, unlike the Microsoft Band. The Fitbit Charge 2, for example, only responds to vibration, NOT actual touch-feedback, if that makes sense. As a result, I very many times have problems cycling through exercises and other items on the Fitbit on a regular basis. Touchscreen sensitivity on the Microsoft Band was LIGHTYEARS better than Fitbit.

You could also control music directly from the Microsoft Band, which synced with Android, iPhone and Windows Phone media apps. Fitbits however have NO capability to control music/audio from your smartphone, which is also very disappointing.

I'm limping along with my Fitbit right now. Fitbit excels in social media/community related things, whereas the Microsoft Band had the most advanced technical and useful features compared to any other fitness band on the market. Microsoft just severely lacked in the social/community arena [/rant].

I really hope MS brings back the band as I will happily ditch the Fitbit FAST for these reasons--unless Fitbit decides to bring these useful features to the platform!...

Best Answer