Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a disappointment.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the blaze a few days ago and was really loving the fitbit experience, until today mid gym session my wrist broke out in a bad rash so I've had to return it. I loved the interface and I really enjoyed the watch but it's not worth  what it's done to my wrist.

I WAS going to try another wrist strap but the metal one costs almost as much as the watch!

Gutted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I bought the leather band and am much happier with it. They say you should not wear it all the time or when sweating but I have had no issues after 10 months.

Best Answer

I've just been searching on the net for fit bit replacement but to no avail, this thing had everything I wanted and more I'm genuinely sad it ravaged my wrist. I didn't think to look for third party wrist bands before I sent it back, I'm gonna look like an idiot tomorrow when I ask them to give me it back...

There are some on Amazon with favourable reviews for around £20 which is much better than the £50 official leather and the absurdly overpriced metal one.

Hopefully this will solve my issue. Thanks for the reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the Fitbit version is more expensive. I don't know anything about the 3rd party bands. I did buy a metal link 3rd party band but it weighs as much as a brick so I do not use it. Good luck! I'm sure you will be happier with a leather band.

One other thing. Most rashes are a result of either not cleaning the band or wearing it too tight so air cannot reach your skin. You should be able to move it around on your wrist without difficulty. If you can't, it is too tight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a routine, before i showered, i took it off and cleaned it with a baby wipe (none scented) by the time i was out and dried the watch was dry.

When I was doing vigorous exercise it started moving up and down my wrist perhaps when I tightened it it gave me the rash? But to be honest I'm not satisfied that should be classed as customer error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

"They say you should not wear it all the time or when sweating"

Who's they? I haven't seen Fitbit say this. What would be the point in having a fitness watch you can't wear while sweating? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

One other thing. Most rashes are a result of either not cleaning the band or wearing it too tight so air cannot reach your skin. You should be able to move it around on your wrist without difficulty. If you can't, it is too tight.

I disagree with this as well. My fitbit is on rather snug. When I had it looser, I felt it was highly inaccurate. One time it would not register stairs. I tightened the band and it started counting stairs. I could be wrong, but I think those green lights need to be held in place. Sure made a difference for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you here, my heart rate did not increase when I had it loose, it's not until i fitted it snugger that it then started to pick it up again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had skin irritation with mine too I found a leather band for $12 on Amazon totally worth it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I've just ordered this one, was a bit more than I'd hoped to pay but it's the only one without negative reviews. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4DEQWE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_PUngzbMRPHEB2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great. Hope you're happy with it! 🙂

Best Answer

A tip for future amazon purchases is don't rely on a 5 star reviewed item that has less then about 500 reviews.  The seller is sitting there reviewing it and/or paying people to review it.  I bought this rugged band so I could also use my blaze at work.  Hope yours works out for you!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LB6J3FY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_I.HgzbX00YRW1

Best Answer