Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp Message Notification on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am new to a brandnew Blaze and pair my Blaze with iPhone 6S.

Enabled message notification for my Blaze. However, I can only see the message content of SMS on my Blaze. For the Whatsapp notification, it does not open up to the "balloon" that shows the content of the Whatsapp message. The notification only shows me the name of the Whatsapp message sender. 

I hv tried reset etc etc, but the problem continues. Anyone has a solution?

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

A warm welcome to the Community @B-Jade, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

Have you tried to setup the notifications again? If you haven't, I recommend turning off and on the notifications or take a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. 

I have done all these again.

But the problem persist.

My issue is that I do get whatsapp notification BUT, I am not able to see the content of the whatsapp message. I am only able to see the sender's name. I tried double tap, single tap, tap & hold etc, but no result. For SMS notification, I can see both content and sender name.

what other solutions can there be?

I am wondering how does one update the Blaze software on the Fitbit Blaze itself?

look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@B-Jade wrote:

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. 

I have done all these again.

But the problem persist.

My issue is that I do get whatsapp notification BUT, I am not able to see the content of the whatsapp message. I am only able to see the sender's name. I tried double tap, single tap, tap & hold etc, but no result. For SMS notification, I can see both content and sender name.

what other solutions can there be?

I am wondering how does one update the Blaze software on the Fitbit Blaze itself?

look forward to your reply.

I sometimes can't see the content in messages properly but it is down to the content of the message. I know some emotions don't display properly but I do get 'normal' text ok.

Regarding updating the Blaze software, if you run the Fitbit App on your phone, it should do it automatically when its available. 

Best Answer

Just another thought, what settings do you have for WhatsApp on your phone settings, particularly around notifications? Do messages appear on your lock screen or in the notification centre?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My WhatsApp messages appear on my iPhone locked screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @B-Jade and @Lunar_Jetman it's great to see you here!

Are your whatsapp messages too long? If they are, this might be a reason why you are only seeing the senders name. If they aren't, you can try to shutting down the tracker by swiping to settings and tap shutdown, then test it.

Keep me posted! Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Totally nothing for whatsapp message.

Everyday, I shut down my Blaze once I am at home and turned on when I leave the house. This don't work too.

Is there a service Centre in Singapore for Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A mi tampoco me deja recibir mensajes de WhatsApp no me hace nada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Simply turn on notifications from the settings of you ios. Scroll down to show notifications and whatsapp. Then alerts and make sure “show in history” is turned on.

tested on fitbit blaze and ios 11

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your message. I just tried and it does not work. 

What else do u suggest?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i hv tried this a long time ago. 

Does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

i hv tried that many times.

even a short WhatsApp message of “Hi”, does not show on my Fitbit whatsapp notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

9CCB36C3-7123-4F00-BAAE-C0BD104C4AAB.png

Try the above settings. And make sure you sync once at least before you test it. 

It should work since I experienced the exact same problem earlier

Best Answer
0 Votes

Furthermore after checking ios settings check your settings for whatsapp.

Notification settings in Whatsapp app itselfNotification settings in Whatsapp app itself

Best Answer
0 Votes