Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen too dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 screen is excessively dim, even with a full charge.  I've tried restarting it with no result. It will occasionally come on bright but after a few seconds it's dim again and I can't get it back. This is indoors and is still difficult to read. Outside with any amount of sunlight, it's impossible to read.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 3 as suggested here

At this moment, the limits of what we can do for you here on the public community forums have been reached. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

This thread is now closed. If you have a different problem, find a similar thread or post it in a new thread.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
541 REPLIES 541

A warm welcome to the Community @747pilot.

Thanks for troubleshooting this display issue by yourself. Have you checked if your tracker's brightness is the one you selected? If you haven't, I recommend trying the following from your Charge 3:

1. Swipe to Settings
  2. Go to Brightness
  3. Select the one you prefer

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  Nothing helps.  I love my Fitbit Charge 3, but it is difficult to read indoors and impossible to read outside!  The brightest setting in the device is woefully dim.  Can we get a software or firmware update to fix this please??

Best Answer

I went running yesterday outside, and I couldn't see the device. It is set on "normal," which as far as I can tell, is the brightest setting.

Best Answer

In both the auto setting and normal for brightness, I can just barely make out the time only because it is in a large font.  Anything in a small font is impossible to read.  This is indoors with using my reading glasses!  Getting ready to toss it.

No.  In either setting, normal or auto, the display is the same.  Too dim to read even inside.  I can make out the time only because it is in a large font.  Anything in smaller font is very difficult to read even with reading glasses on.  Getting ready to toss this thing.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @747pilot@phatlad and to welcome you @DibAgain.

I know that it would be great to have an option to increase the brightness on the Charge 3. Please take a look at the Charge 3 - options to increase brightness please request, vote for it and leave your comment.

I will see you around. 🙂

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My display has become so dim, it is difficult to see even in low lighting conditions. This is unacceptable and I need info on a solution or a refund!

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @Megib.

If your tracker's display is too dim, I recommend verifying your brightness preferences by swiping to setting and tap the brightness option. If this doesn't work, try to restart your Charge 3 by following the instructions provided in the help article How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. 😉

Best Answer

My screen has completely ceased to function.

However, I want to confirm here that Fitbit, after contacting them and going through some tests with the device, is replacing my tracker for free.  I'm hoping that the new tracker doesn't suffer from the same issue.  At any rate, thanks to Fitbit for taking care of a community member.

Best Answer

My display is literally too dim to do this. I cannot see anything on the screen well enough to know where I am or whether I am in settings. This combined with the constant losing connectivity is driving me to another watch.

Best Answer

I had the same issue. FitBit, after contacting them and establishing through some different steps that the device was defective, replaced my Charge 3 for free, and the replacement has functioned flawlessly to date.

Best Answer

Seems to be a a Fitbit thing - the Alta HR had literally hundreds of complaints about this.

Best Answer
This is no longer an issue for me. I sent my Charge 3 back for a warranty replacement. New one works great.
--
Reagan Multimail
Best Answer
Same experience here. I couldn’t see my display at brightest setting in a room with no direct sunlight on screen. The replacement has been great!

Mark B.
Best Answer

My choices on settings are auto or normal and normal isn’t bright enough, but before the last update it was plenty bright 

Best Answer

Has ANYONE resolved this or do I need to trash Charge3 and find a vendor , (Apple, Garmin, etc.) ;which supports their USER'S need, and not some Fitbit engineer? 

Best Answer

This has been my problem too! Somehow my screen was set to dim after I tried to brighten it. Probably because I couldn't see what I was doing!! I have really really struggled to put it right. Ridiculous Fitbit! Please sort it out! 

Best Answer

Naw, this product is a P-O-S and company doesn't give a rats butt about what USERS want!!  I'm trashing mine to find one which is visible Inside AND OUTSIDE!  What good is a device which you can not read Outside?

Never have seen such a company so apathetic to it's customers and refusing to listen to their wants and needs!!

Best Answer

I would like to point out again that FitBit replaced mine free of charge when mine turned out to be a lemon.  They were courteous and timely, and I can't be happier with my new one.  If you haven't contacted the company directly yet, please consider doing so before making another purchase when you may be able to get a replacement for free that works the way you'd want it to.

Best Answer
The issue is resolved. They replaced my Charge 3.
Best Answer