Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an option to turn off Charge 4 Bluetooth?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Contemplating buying a Charge 4 for my wife’s birthday but before I purchase I was seeking some reassurance Bluetooth EMF can be turned off. I have an Oura ring that allows me to operate in Airplane mode until I sync with my phone and I’m hoping the Charge 4 will similarly allow this?

I love the features but I’m concerned that if this is not possible I’ll have to consider an inferior device features wise like the Garmin Vívosmart 4 which allows for Bluetooth to be disconnected. 
Thanks

Andrew

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Andrew (I'm Andrew too BTW). As far as I can tell you can't formally turn off Bluetooth on the Fitbit Charge itself (any model). If you turn it off on your phone it might reduce the total aggregate EMF generated by the device. If your concern is related to the potential health risks associated with EMF, I would consider either a product with an "off" feature or a product that doesn't use Bluetooth at all. Keep in mind that a certain amount of EMF is produced by virtually any electronic device. The topic of EMF hypersensitivity is a controversial one and I will do you the courtesy of avoiding going down that path as you have not indicated an interest in discussing it in your original post.

-Best wishes...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, Andrew (I'm Andrew too BTW). As far as I can tell you can't formally turn off Bluetooth on the Fitbit Charge itself (any model). If you turn it off on your phone it might reduce the total aggregate EMF generated by the device. If your concern is related to the potential health risks associated with EMF, I would consider either a product with an "off" feature or a product that doesn't use Bluetooth at all. Keep in mind that a certain amount of EMF is produced by virtually any electronic device. The topic of EMF hypersensitivity is a controversial one and I will do you the courtesy of avoiding going down that path as you have not indicated an interest in discussing it in your original post.

-Best wishes...

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit and have spoke with customer service. You cannot turn off bluetooth with any Fitbit. I am hoping, now that Google bought Fitbit they will do some firmware update to allow this. Ironically, I just ordered an Oura ring. I love my Fitbit but I am now trying to expose myself to less Bluetooth and EMF.

Also, the Oura ring has many more features and abilities and is supposed to be more accurate. Don't get me wrong, I love my Fitbit but I am hoping they make this change. 

Best Answer

Thanks all. Very helpful. 🥴😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @AndrewSam@AndyNewman and @JessMarie243, thanks for the input.

I am sorry for the delay in response and glad to see here that our friends replied to your Bluetooth inquiry. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can on the original charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, you can't. That's why I switched to Garmin vivosmart 4 which you can turn off the Bluetooth from the device.

Only if Fitbit had that feature I would definitely return back to fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Andrew, just messaging off chance that you’ll see this. I was googling the answer for the exact same question. I was sad to see that there is no option to turn off Bluetooth. What did you choose in the end? I have a simple garmin myself but loved some of the attributes of this Fitbit for my husband. Have you found another one with similar options (O2 level, apnoea etc)? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Garmin instead.
Best Answer
0 Votes