Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZM notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you search the manual for "AZM notifications", you get no results. This is interesting because there is an option to turn on our off the aforementioned setting. I did manage to figure out the acronym but it seems odd that a configuration option does not rate a mention.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Boggledorf and welcome to the Community.  Like @Edmond wrote, AZM stands for active zone minutes.  The Charge 5 will give you these notifications under two scenarios: for everyday activity and when using the Exercise app.  You need to turn them off everywhere to make sure they are off.  Here's the Charge 5 section from Fitbit's Help article.

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 8.00.48 AM.png

I think there is a typo.  Fitbit wrote Weekly notifications, but I'm sure they mean the everyday activity notifications.  I wear a Luxe and it's navigation is the same as the Charge 5.  You must turn them off in every exercise shortcut that you use.

@billion_steps   These notifications are triggered by your heart rate, not your calorie burn.  Please review your settings.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Disabling AZM notifications in the settings menu of the watch wasn't enough, to eventually get rid of all AZM notifications I've had to set main goal = calories and calorie goal = 10.000 (intentional, it's never reached) in the Android app

settings for this are scattered across different menus, quite confusing if you just want the watch to shut the fu#% up

Best Answer

I saw "AZM" and thought "what is that?" But, I figured it must be in the manual, so I put it off till later.

You got me. What does the acronym "AZM" stand for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Active zone minutes notification 

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

Hello @Boggledorf and welcome to the Community.  Like @Edmond wrote, AZM stands for active zone minutes.  The Charge 5 will give you these notifications under two scenarios: for everyday activity and when using the Exercise app.  You need to turn them off everywhere to make sure they are off.  Here's the Charge 5 section from Fitbit's Help article.

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 8.00.48 AM.png

I think there is a typo.  Fitbit wrote Weekly notifications, but I'm sure they mean the everyday activity notifications.  I wear a Luxe and it's navigation is the same as the Charge 5.  You must turn them off in every exercise shortcut that you use.

@billion_steps   These notifications are triggered by your heart rate, not your calorie burn.  Please review your settings.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW 

I'm aware of that, you misunderstood me.

From my experience, the only way to get rid of all AZM notifications during the day (not only during exercise) you have to change "main goal" from AZM to calories and then set a daily calorie number target so high that it's never reached (or else you'll be bugged with calorie notifications)

Unfortunately there's no other way than this to make the watch shut up

Best Answer
0 Votes

@billion_steps   I read and re-read your post.  Fitbit makes you set a main goal and comes with 10,000 steps as a default main goal.  You can set other parameters as your main goal.  When you changed that setting to calories, with that high number, you were setting you main goal celebration.  Again, AZMs come from heart rate and nothing else.  Trust me on this.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain😠😠😠😠.

I find that it sends a notification just as I am finishing a long timed bike ride.

Therefore prevents pressing the stop  / finish icon of the workout until the notification has completed its "RaRa" that a go😆 boy dance". 

Not something anyone needs at a time when one is struggling for a breath at the same time trying achieve a new timed PB only to come up short because of this nussaance delay to press finished. So this discussion is quite timely helping me resolve my 😠😠😠😠 untimely frustration.

Best Answer
Amen!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
My complaint has to do with the fact that a search for "AZM Notifications"
results in nothing found. Since there are only a dozen or so options on the
Fitbit device, I would think that all of them would appear in the search
results.
Best Answer

It does with lap notifications as well!!!! A few times I finished my 10 mile run bang on the time it lets me know I've done another mile....it then sticks on the screen for what seems like for ever before I can then finish my run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you missed the point.  I said that I had figured out what AZM notifications were.  My issue is that searching for "AZM Notifications" in the manual returns no results.

Best Answer