Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one bites the dust

My last Charge 5 died while it was still under warranty (details here) and Support eventually sent me a replacement in December of last year. The replacement worked fine until this morning when it suddenly died and there seems to be no way to bring it back to life. Hooking up to the charger is not even getting nary a vibration despite still get a buzz when I connect my older broken Charge 5 to the same charger. So, I had a replacement that lasted approximately five months before crapping out. I've got no idea why it stopped working or even whether its covered by warranty because its a replacement. If it's not, I don't think l'll ever buy a FitBit product again.

I've had Charge 2 that went screwy after little over a year, got it replaced by Support only for the replacement to go screwy again. So, I decided to upgrade by buying a Charge 4 but that stopped working right (screen eventually got so dim it couldn't be seen anymore) after about a year. So, I upgraded that to a Charge 5 that worked fine until it didn't, got a replacement from Support which now has also bitten the dust. I don't expect personal electronics to last forever, but five Fitbits in almost as many years is beyond ridiculous. I was kind of hoping things would improve after Google bought in, but perhaps that was hoping for too much. A replacement that works for only five months makes me wonder why did they even bother, unless it was intended as a joke. 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Yeah... it's pretty ridiculous. My story's similar, though not as bad as yours. Got my Charge 5 in late December 2022 and it worked perfectly until it suddenly died 6 months later at beginning of June 2023. Warranty replacement Charge 5 worked beautifully for 10 months.... until a few days ago when it suddenly stopped working. Sigh.

Best Answer
0 Votes