Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Draining Fast Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have only had my Charge 5 a few weeks and the battery is rotten. It kept a chage for 4 days once but other than that Im having to charge it every day as it goes to 0 quickly. 

I have broke my foot and am not as active at all just now. I see lots of folk having similar batter problems. Are @Fitbit even going to reply?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, I appreciate all this information that you've shared about this issue with your Charge 5 and for all your feedback and comments, @Ewes

The battery can last up to 7 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary, but the battery shouldn't be draining only after one or two days. If you haven't done so already, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this articleIn addition, try to perform a restart following the steps listed here below, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end if the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

Keep in mind that some of the feature that can drain the battery more rapidly are: 

• Built-in GPS (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 4 day when using this feature regularly, or up to 5 hours if you use it continuously).
  • Always-on display (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 3 days when using this feature). 
  • Using an Sp82 clock face (Fitbit points out in this article that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when collecting SpO2 data). 
Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

They told me that engineers are working on a resolution and I have to wait for them to figure out what the problem is and fix it. They said it could be several weeks! Not a satisfactory answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a week and already sick of charging. Not even lasting 2 days. Never had this problem with any of my fitbits 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavideFitbit  When are we going to get a PROPER response from Fitbit about this battery draining issue??? I've done everything you suggested to maximize battery life. From the moment I first set up my Charge 5, I had all settings configured to maximize battery life. For first 5 months, I was getting 6 or 7 days between charges. Suddenly, a week ago, I started getting TWO HOURS after a charge. I contacted phone support, and got the same useless advice that you've given in response to this forum post. You think if you keep telling us to restart our fitbit, turn off GPS, turn off always-on etc. etc. that the problem will suddenly fix itself. But what you don't seem to understand is that I already did all those things, right from the start of owning this device. How will doing what I already did make any difference? Fitbit have been promising a firmware update since who knows when - a long time now - where is this update???? Fitbit's so-called customer support is pathetic! After I spoke to phone support, all I got was an email suggesting I try all the same things that you suggested in your reply, all of which DON'T WORK. Which I told the person on the phone, and she took absolutely no notice. This is not good enough! Right now I feel like I want my money back from Fitbit. This is the first Fitbit I've ever bought, and there's no way I ever want another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,im a ex sense owner and now i got a s7 iwatch,im interested in the purchase of charge 5 cause were i live in summer is really hot and s7 is a little unconfy to wear all day and nights.charge 5 seems really confy and i also like fitbit healt features.I read of this issue that affect battery,someone that can confirm also in recent models of charge 5 this issue is still present?cause i read “software update “ to fin that issue but seems none has changed by months.Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing all your feedback about this issue with the Charge 5. 

Please know that the promised firmware for the Charge 5 will be released very soon. I recommend that you keep an eye out to make sure you receive the latest updates and we'll be happy to share more information in this thread once it's been officially released. Keep in mind that firmware updates are released progressively; it starts with a small percentage and then it extends to the entire community of users. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share all your comments and experience. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is an important part of that process. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer