Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Possibly time to move onto another brand… This is the 4th Fitbit I’ve had(2-charge4s/2-charge5s) in a fairly short period of time. The one I have now, is only several months old. I bought it February. Seemed to be working ok until yesterday. The screen has gone completely black, I can still feel the vibrations and my Fitbit app on my phone works but black screen. I’ve already tried the reset on the charger itself, didn’t work. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @TLC0121

Thank you for sharing all these details about the inconvenience you've been having with your Charge 5 and for confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but I've been informed that you already got in touch with them and it seems they've provided you with some information. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share all your feedback and comments about this. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you see a black or blank screen on your Fitbit, the first thing to try is a restart or a forced restart (also called a long restart.) What is this? Restarting your Fitbit forces it to reboot–and often fixes problems like a black, blank, or non-responsive device.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes

@willjoe Thank you for sharing this information! I'm sure it will be useful for other users as well. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , I have experienced this very same issue with my dearly beloved now departed charge 5 .

Tried the 3 button press reset and the screen is still dead - these particular fitness trackers are too expensive ro not be reliable. 

Moving on to Samsung Galaxy watch I think . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums, @Dean.Kendall

Thank you for confirming that you've been having the same inconvenience with your Charge 5 and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

If you already tried to complete the 3 pulse restart procedure and you continue to experience the same problem, please try these additional steps that have been useful for other users:  

1. Please follow these steps in case you're having trouble to charge your device. 
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Sync Now.
  3. If you  can't sync, tap on your profile picture > Charge 5 > Tile to see if a firmware banner appears. 
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes