Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug fix delayed - Fitbit expected to be a brick for over a month

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying for weeks to get the Fitbit Charge 5 to sync with my Flip3. Finally discovered that this has been a known problem with an expected fix "in early 2023"!
Given that Android and Fixbit are both Google products, I feel this is not an acceptable situation. I read one thread where the moderator suggested using a different phone with your Fitbit! That's silly.

Somehow, Google needs to prioritize customers that had a working product which is now an expensive brick.
At the very least, we shouldn't have had to search to find this is a known problem - and waste so much time trying to get it to work. The Fitbit app should know which phone it's on, and communicate to the user that a fix is forthcoming and how to get the fix as soon as it's available.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, Fitbit seems to be exceptionally unwilling to fix problems.

In this case, it is an issue that has made my Charge 5 only marginally useful.

Another know problem that Fitbit has steadfastly refused to fix is wrong distance being reported with any tracking. You can export the track and analyze it with another app, and often you get an accurate track and accurate distance, but the Charge 5 and the Fitbit app stubbornly insist on reporting a wrong distance.

I am a new Fitbit user, but other users are saying that Fitbit has been going down a slippery path since purchase by Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree!  I have a Zflip4 and have the same issue.  This is not acceptable and I've been told the same thing.  ( Use another phone - like I have several phones hanging around )

I think the more people complain, maybe the issue will get resolved sooner.

Best Answer
0 Votes