Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 5 was updated 2 days ago. 

Display issues: Dim, flickering, blank, now black. On and off all day. Tried to reset pressing 3 times on the USB cable: Nothing. 

Unit is dead by update. Well done.

I had the Charge 4 too and its dead too. Never buying another Fitbit product again.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Community forums, @A828

Thank you for sharing that you've having this inconvenience with your Charge 5 device and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

If you already tried to complete the 3 pulse restart procedure and you continue to experience the same problem, please try these additional steps that have been useful for other users:  

1. Please follow these steps in case you're having trouble to charge your device. 
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Sync Now.
  3. If you  can't sync, tap on your profile picture > Charge 5 > Tap to see if a firmware banner appears. 
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

Let me know if you continue to experience the same problem afterwards. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Davide, 
Thanks for the help, I have tried your suggestions and nothing has worked. 
The screen is the problem, it's 100% not working now.
When I put it on the charging cable it now gives off a small vibration and the sensor light on the rear still lights up in green, but there is no visible screen.

Best Answer

My charge 5 shutdown and will not start back.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue… interested to see what other steps/options are available from the moderator..

Best Answer

Same 

Best Answer

I’m with you!  I’m on my third Charge 5 (two replacement devices into this process).  All three have been nothing short of a myriad of never ending problems.  I’m sure that the two replacements that have been sent to me are simply rebuilds of other broken ones that had been sent back.  Their customer service is about as reliable and functional as the device itself.  I’m ready to cut my losses and move on.  Fitbit simply cannot be trusted.  It is far from the reliable company that it used to be.

-------------

I have done all of those things for the last 90 minutes with no results.  The face will light up when a new click face is downloading.  It won’t do a thing after the download is complete.  This is my third Charge 5.  I’m 0 for 3 so far.  This is far more than just a minor inconvenience.  Each of the preceding two times I have had to send a faulty device back it took over a month to get the “new” (refurbished) one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same experience.  They want me to send them a video now of me performing the reset steps that don’t work!  Ridiculous.  Obviously this is a common complaint.  Never purchasing another Fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing that you've been having this inconvenience with your Charge 5 and for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested earlier. 

In this case, since you already tried the steps suggested in the Community and you continue to experience the same problem with the display not responding, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share all your feedback and comments about this. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is big part of that process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 5 went black this morning 11/24/22. I’m just starting to look for help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GettingOldFast Thank you for confirming that you've been experiencing the same inconvenience with your Charge 5. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've shared some instructions with you. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still the same problem, and it is too much money to lose I am disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather35 Thanks for sharing this update.  

Could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps mentioned here earlier too? Let me know if your display is still unresponsive after these steps or if you were able to get in touch with the Support team. . 

I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes