Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't categorize exercise - new app awful

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The updated app and the website no longer allow you to change the name of the exercise you completed.  You also can't see any details about your workout other than duration.   I called customer service and they confirmed this.  Suggested I come here and make a post about it. 
GET IT TOGETHER FITBIT- this is horrible.  If it doesn't improve I'll be looking for a different type of health tracking device. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5
Hi there, if you’re on Facebook, I have started posting comments on their Facebook page. Maybe that will get some traction on this horrible new app!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @Fitz2at 

If you are an iOS user, another iOS user seems to have figured out a workout around:

Firstly click on exercise days (should be on your home page). In the top right there are three dots - click on those. Then select Manage Data. The next page says data deletion but just ignore that and scroll down and click on exercise logs. Then click on Review Your Data. The next page should be the exercise page in the old format where you can select the exercise and change the category. 

See if this process works for you.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

I saw that user's workaround and tried it.  It works!

I also know you can change the name of workout (sometimes) by using the Dashboard on the website of fitbit.com.  If you click on Log, and on the next page click on Activities, it will show you a list of all your workout activities.  Just to the right of each activity name, there is a pen icon.  If you click on that icon it will display a pop-up that lets you edit the name of the activity.  The catch is that for some reason not all activity names have a pen icon next to them.  Those can't be edited.  Also, for some activity names, the renaming does not do anything.  For example, I've not been able to edit an activity name of Outdoor Bike.  I'm not sure why not.

Best Answer
What version Fitbit are you using? That “ work around” does not work for the Fitbit 5.

Regardless of version, Google….. why should we need a workaround and go the the dashboard for a feature that used to be easily and readily available in the app? grrrr!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I totally agree and have spent ages to find a way round to restore.  My Categories are still listed but not live in my app. What use is that?

Tried live chat and no help offered before timeout!!

Emailed customer services with various addresses......now blocked!!   That's not customer services.

So disappointing because I have really enjoyed using my Charge 5 over the last 18 or so months.  Please FITBIT give that facility back.

Sonia 

Best Answer