Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot complete replacement process for Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bringing customer service issue back to the top. Charge 5 was 8 months old and well cared for and suddenly stopped working. Customer service has been useless and two weeks later I still have no idea if or when I will receive a replacement. I got as far as having a chat confirm I was eligible for a replacement, and to look out for an email to fill out to receive it.  I filled it out and have heard nothing since and not even a confirmation number.  I followed up AGAIN, and the chat said "someone is working on it".  Would not provide a confirmation number.  Meanwhile I am paying for Premium that is useless while I don't have a working device.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @katelaka, welcome I think your best way forward is to talk to "Customer Support" again using the chat facility to phone for a prompt response. Before you start the call it'll be a good move to note the dates & times of your previous contacts and any other details you have at hand. I'll flag this post for a moderator.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Hi there, @katelaka@Gr4ndp4 Thanks for the heads up and your help.

@katelaka Before anything else, I apologize for this situation you've gone through. I understand where you're coming from as this isn't the type of experience that we want you to have. Thank you also for taking the time to share this feedback and please know we'll keep working to evaluate and improve our services.

About your Charge 5, I went ahead to check your details and it seems our Support team sent you an email with further instructions. If you haven't done so, please check your inbox, spam or junk folders, and keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have responded to all requests via email, chat, and calls.  I have sent a video, answered all questions, repeatedly and have been brought back to square one.  A supervisor said my case had been sent to a "special team" refusing to provide further info and that he could not help. The "support" team has done nothing but hang up, deflect, and not provide me with a replacement for a faulty product after stating via a chat that I am approved for a replacement product under warranty. No confirmation, no progress in getting a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done this ad nauseum.  Thanks, Grandpa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this point without a confirmation and tracking number this will continue and expand. Happy to send a screenshot of the "support" team saying my replacement is approved, and subsequent unprofessional behavior from the Fitbit "team"

Best Answer

Hi there, @katelaka.

Thanks for getting back and sharing your feedback about this process. I understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry you've had this experience. I noticed our team sent you an email yesterday and my best advice is to reply back to them so they can proceed with the replacement process. Nevertheless, I'll also forward your posts so they can have them on hand. Please keep an open communication with them, and don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer

The Fitbit team has not sent me an email as the customer service team has promised to do.  Yes, I have checked junk/spam folders. It seems that Fitbit does not intend to honor the warranty to replace their faulty product and they keep giving me the run around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying to get replacements for my son and wife for almost a month now as they were part of the bad update that bricked so many devices in July/August.  Unless you continue to invest the time to call them they will not actually do anything.  They generated a shipping label for my son's claim and it has sat for almost a week with just the status of awaiting carrier handoff.  Obviously they made the label thinking it woudl keep us quite but after three days of no tracking change I called in and they didn't' seem to have an explanation.  

My wife's replacement is a totally different debacle.  her device was sent back the same day as my son's and the package with her's was delivered the say after his was.  We finally got acknowledgement on his being received and then the tracking number (that seems bogus).  We never heard form her's even after sending several emails asking for an update.  I just called in and they said that the package was empty when they received it.  Why didn't they reach out to us then to ask what happened?!?!?!?  Seems that once it ships it's between them and the carrier (FedEx) and if FedEx damages the package to the point that it isn't there when they receive it then they need to just honor that they owe us a replacement.  The shipping label is in their name so I have no recourse to file a claim with FedEx but FitBit does.  I was told that they will email us about it later as there is no one that I can speak to on the phone regarding it (?!?!?).  I'm not holding my breath at all to receive any communication or even an acknowledgement of this post.  

We have been loyal FitBit users for over 8 years now but this may be our last round of devices with them given how this experience has gone so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes