Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting workouts to tv

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else interested in being able to cast workout videos to your tv? It doesn't appear that I can either open a video on my laptop or cast it to my tv. I think it would be great to see the workouts on a bigger screen. By the way, I have a Fitbit charge 5.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @MargotAnn

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the option to cast workout vides to the TV. 

It seems that this option is currently available only for Android users when you have a Premium subscription. You can find more information about this in this suggestion posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community: Casting Premium workout on TV screen / Devices (Android).

However, this option is not currently available for iOS devices, you can also vote for this idea posted in the forums. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Fitbit premium. When I contacted Fitbit they were unable to give me any advice on how to cast to my TV from my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MargotAnn Thank you for your reply. 

It seems this option is only available though Chromecast, but you can find some additional information and steps in these thread for this specific question as well: 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue if you are using an Apple Phone (iOS) and casting it to an Apple TV, but I figured out a work-around after troubleshooting the issue.  This was the issue I was dealing with. 

CoreyA_1-1658054296394.jpeg

CoreyA_2-1658054306666.jpeg

CoreyA_3-1658054315039.jpeg

CoreyA_5-1658054391130.jpeg

After troubleshooting with Fitbit support I decided to try something again (this was back in February of 2022).  I decided to try switch back and forth between my iPhone and the Apple TV via the Airplay.  The Airplay was on and it was having the same issue so I switched back to the iPhone (and the video/audio was coming through) then immediately went back to AppleTV and it started working on the TV.  Maybe it can help someone else if they have something similar happen. 

CoreyA_0-1658054185939.png

Maybe this might help someone if you are using AppleTV and casting workouts from an iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, thank you for taking the time to share the steps that worked for you, @CoreyA! I'm sure this will be useful for other users as well. 

See you around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would never subscribe to premium unless this was an option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes