Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 - Black Screen AFTER Reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 5 (only ~6 months old) is still working (measuring sleep, steps, etc.). Still charging. Still vibrating. Just not turning the screen on.

I did the 3x button press on the charger multiple times… but did not do anything other than vibrate. The screen did randomly come back on twice unrelated to the restarts - but then quickly went back to black / non-responsive.

Any help figuring it out is appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @JPebble 

Sorry to see you're dealing with a non-responsive screen.

The other troubleshooting step for this issue is to try changing the clock face. This sometimes works to get your device "unstuck" and back to working normally. Based on posts I've read, it could take several attempts at changing the clock face & using the charger cord to restart the device. If this is successful, you can go back to the clock face you prefer. Click here for instructions on: How to change Charge 5 clock face 

If this doesn't work, you should contact Fitbit support especially since your Charge 5 is still under warranty. Click here for links to contact them by chat, phone, or direct message: Fitbit support 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t say it that would’ve worked or not because I’m unable to change the face. That tab says cannot locate the device; however in the normal dashboard tab (steps, etc) the device is still syncing when I pull down.

Trying to attach a screenshot, but I think the file is too big for the forum. I’m not able to click on “install” for a new watch-face because “unable to connect to Device: Error connecting with Device. Please make sure your Fitbit is nearby and powered on…” … device is syncing in the normal dashboard though.

Best Answer
0 Votes