Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps restarting itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ever since the new softwhere update my device wont stop restarting and giving me a black screen i also got the red X of doom 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @pineapple69, welcome, it's a pity you are having this experience. May I suggest you try instigating a manual reset using the button on the charging cable to break the loop of doom? This video demonstrates the process. Before you try the restart check you have juice at the USB socket you are using by connecting another device to it. 

Let us know how you get by posting here again.

Cheers.

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @pineapple69. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 5.

There are some general recommendations that are usually helpful with any type of display issues. If you haven't done so already, please try the steps listed here below that have been useful for other users:  

1. As @Gr4ndp4 suggested, please complete the 3 pulse restart procedure method using the charging cable.
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Sync Now.
  3. If you  can't sync, please try tapping on your profile picture > Charge 5 > Tile to see if the firmware banner appears (since a new firmware version has been released for the Charge 5).
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

ive done all the steps and my device is still unresponsive what else can i try 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @pineapple69, allowing you have followed through on the steps mentioned above by @MarreFitbit & myself without success I think your best way forward will be to talk to "Customer Support" using the chat facility or phone for a prompt response. It's a good move to note the steps you've taken & the results before calling to help the agent understand your problem quickly. You do not mention how long you've had your "Charge 5", are you still within the warranty?

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those stuck in a boot loop this is what worked for our two that were continuously rebooting when not connected to charger. Remove Charge 5 from Bluetooth pairing on your phone and then turn off Bluetooth. 

1. Connect Charge 5 to charger for a few minutes. Then disconnect it and immediately swipe to settings and enter the settings menu. Ours for some reason would not reboot if we were fast enough to get into settings. However you must keep tapping or swiping the screen after entering settings menu or it will reboot.

2 Go to device info> clear user data> hole for 3 sec. Connect back to charger quickly. We just moved the charger end on back of the device just enough to take it off charge so we could put back quickly. Leave Charge 5 connected to charger for remaining steps. 

3. Go into Bluetooth connections on your phone and turn Bluetooth back on. If Charge 5 has finished clearing data and booted you may get a popup on your phone asking to set it up. If not open the Fitbit app and continue with setup. Setup as normal.

4. As soon as setup is completed immediately go into the gallery and change the clock face to any of the first 3 faces. Wait for the face to be loaded completely.

5. This is important. After installing face back out of the gallery by using the back navigation button or gesture. Keep going back slowly until the Fitbit app closes or a screen pops up asking you to pair your Charge 5 again just like you saw while first setting up. If the Fitbit app closes without showing that screen you should be good to go. If you see that screen follow the setup again it will warn you that it will replace the one already liked it's okay. Go through the setup process again. This time there should be no need to change clock face. As soon as setup is done you should be good to go. 

Best Answer
0 Votes