Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Blank Screen

Hello I have the charge 5 and noticed today it wasn’t responding. It was working fine yesterday. I read some posts and tried restarting the device. I plugged it into the charger and hit the button 3 times. After a few tries it worked.

Now it’s unresponsive again and will not restart. It is still vibrating when I plug it into the charger and when I hit the button on the USB but the screen will not come on.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Same with my fitbit charge 5. I tried  resetting but still screen is blank and unable to sync in the app as well

Best Answer

Another dead screen... Same thing happened for me. Next step for you RMA if it still in warranty or new screen for ~16USD (really original from aliexpress). In my case touchscreen started by unresponsive in some places (noticed by entering pin for payment) and after week died completely and don't show anything. Before I used charge 4 and on that one screen become very dim. Screen replacement also solved problem. After RMA old device will by disabled so no point fix old tracker if you get replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my charge 5 working again. 20mins ago the battery was at 99% and now it’s down to 68%. What is going on? Why did this just start happening yesterday?

Best Answer

It can by firmware or like in my case - if I don't change it fully to 100% it draining fast. Like this because very stable battery voltage. Try to leave on charge for couple hours or more and then check how long it lasts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Fitbit, anyone gonna respond and let all these charge 5 users why their devices have suddenly become unresponsive and why the batteries are draining so quickly? 

What about a fix for the problems?

This clearly isn’t an instance of a few devices going bad. Not this many users.

Best Answer

I have the same problem! What's going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have run into the same thing. Mine stopped responding about two weeks ago. I have taking it on and off charger and resetting several times. It will show up on my phones Bluetooth but won’t finish syncing and display never comes on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Fitbit are you just ignoring everyone’s problem here with issues related to batteries draining fast and unresponsive devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, black screen today. I am still able to sync to my phone app. I had contacted support and they can't do anything with it. 

Best Answer