Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Broken Wristband Connector

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was moving around my house, wearing my fitbit like I always do, when suddenly there was a clink on the table and my wrist felt odd. Looked down to see my fitbit disconnected itself front he band, and the little plastic clamp piece at the base broke off from my device. I put it back in, hoping it had just slipped out, and now it won't hold the band on anymore. My best guess is the spring pin that is within the connector broke, or the connecter itself list a part (though it didn't appear as such). I don't change out bands often (last time was months ago, and the the time before that was when I first got my fitbit) so I am not sure why it randomly decided to fail. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @CrysalWing

Thank you for sharing that you experienced this inconvenience with your Charge 5. 

In this case, since this is related to a hardware problem or product damage, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @CrysalWing

Thank you for sharing that you experienced this inconvenience with your Charge 5. 

In this case, since this is related to a hardware problem or product damage, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Thanks for pointing this out.

Charge 4 and 5 suffers from this crude inherent design. I had problems with my two Charge 4 and O won't be buying a Charge 5 or any Fitbit products until the connector materials and it's design gets improved.

Best Answer

This is a design flaw that has been around since I bought my Charge 4.  I just bought a better wristband so I wouldn't lose it: https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Climbing-Extreme-Replacement-Fitbit/dp/B07N2J33BY/ref=sr_1_19?keyword...

Best Answer
0 Votes