Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Can't find iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I touch Find Phone, my Charge 5 "finds" my iPad but not my iPhone. The Charge 5 does sync correctly with my iPhone. How can I have the Charge 5 "find" my iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

When you are syncing with two different devices (eg iPad and iPhone) one device “captures” the Fitbit and the other one doesn’t connect to the other device.  Like other Bluetooth devices, your Fitbit can only be connected to one device at a time.  I would recommend temporarily turning OFF the Bluetooth on your iPad when you want to connect to your phone (and vice Versa).  I think you will find that this solves your issue.

Welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I don't think you understand my question. My Charge 5 DOES connect to my iPhone and can sync. The connection is not the problem.. The problem comes when I tap Find Phone and my phone does not respond but my iPad does. When my iPad is out of bluetooth range, my phone will respond but when both my phone and iPad are within bluetooth range, only the iPad responds. Is there some way to turn off responding in the app on the iPad or make the iPhone the primary device without deleting the Fitbit app on the iPad?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SimonSaba , yes, I do understand your problem.  As I said, although your Fitbit can pair with multiple devices, it can only connect to one.  The device that it is connected to will ring when you hit find my phone.  If you want it to ring a different device you will have to turn off Bluetooth on the other one and connect to that.  So when it is connected to your iPad it isn’t going to ring your phone. 

But the short answer to the question on your last post is : No, there is no way to make one device a primary device.  

As I said before, if you want your Fitbit’s “find my phone” to ring your iPhone you need to connect your iPhone to your Fitbit.  And it won’t be connected if it has already been captured by your iPad.  For syncing you usually can manage both (but ideally you should turn one off).  For connections - and that means notifications and find my phone - it really is one or the other.  And you can’t choose - or rather the only way of choosing is to turn off Bluetooth on the one you don’t want.

I am sorry to have been unclear earlier, but I hope I am clearer now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, that does still sound a bit of a muddle.

if your Fitbit is connected to your phone when you hit “find my phone” the phone will ring

If your Fitbit is connected to your iPad when you hit “find my phone” the iPad will ring

The Fitbit (like other Bluetooth devices) can only connect to one device at a time

Unfortunately Fitbit does not include an option to choose which device  it connects to, if there is more than one possibility.

The solution is to temporarily turn Bluetooth off on the devices you don’t want to connect (eg iPad) and then to make a connection with the other device (eg iPhone)

I hope this list is simpler and makes sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. As I said in my earlier post, the Charge 5 IS connected to the phone and even when the iPad is nearby, the Charge 5 alerts the iPad, not the iPhone. For example, right now I'm sitting with the iPhone in front of me and the iPad is across the room. When I hit Find Phone, I hear the alert on the iPad. Turning Bluetooth on and off is not a great solution because the iPad connects to other Bluetooth devices. It's unfortunate that the software is so limited. I'm thinking that the only solution is to delete the software from the iPad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, deleting the Fitbit program from iPad would work. I think it should also work to close the Fitbit app completely and not allow it to run in the background.

Best Answer
0 Votes