Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Customer Service = Outstanding!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In a recent post (in the Blaze forum) I mentioned that my wife’s Charge 5 died because of a bad battery. I gave her my Charge 5 (still working perfectly) and got out a Fitbit Blaze that I bought shortly after it was introduced in 2016. The Blaze, although 7-1/2 years old, is working perfectly - battery life is great - counts steps accurately - screen is bright and colorful - but that’s a different story.

My wife refused to give up on her Charge 5. So, today she called Fitbit’s Customer Service, and even though the device that died was out of warranty, Fitbit will send her a brand new Charge 5 for free!  That’s a real positive that Google would do that for us. Also, there’s an element of trust - my wife did not need to provide any proof of purchase, they just believed her. Cool!

Now I have to decide whether I want to continue to use my old reliable Blaze or my newer Charge 5 —

Active: Charge 5, Blaze
Retired: Charge HR, Versa
Happy Fitbit User since 2016
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@MarkStone , Nice to see you around. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Blaze, Charge 5 and our Support team. 

I'm glad to read that you have had a great experience within the Fitbit family. 
Our team members will be glad to read your message and kind words. 

Please do not hesitate to post, comment in the Community or reach out to Support if you have any difficulties with your Fitbits. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Thanks @JuanFitbit  for the kind reply!

Best Answer

I'm glad to know your experience @MarkStone, and thanks for posting it. 

I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not my experience. They pretty much sent me packing. The device is dead. Went through all the "restart" routines and cleaning of contacts processes. Nothing happened. It was a present so I have no receipt. I'd love to send it back for them to keep, but there is no company address.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@11570665 - Hi, did you call their support number? What did they say? We had no receipt for my wife’s Charge 5 and it was out of the warranty period, but they replaced the watch for free. We’ve always been treated fairly by Fitbit, even before the Google era.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a completely different experience. They gave me a case # and told me
I was to be contacted again. Three days later (and no contact from them) I
decided to go with the chat. Went through the standard troubleshooting
again. At no instance they suggested I send the Charger 5 back. I'll try
the phone again. Thank you for your reply!
Best Answer