Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.91

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Charge 5 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
843 REPLIES 843

Have a charge 5 which has limited exercise options/shortcuts.  Used to be able to set as a Outdoor Workout and change after exercise is complete to  Rollerblading, Ice Skating or Paddleboarding. Now you can't change the exercise title on the app or on the dashboard. And the Charge 5 does not have the shortcut or any options for Rollerblading, Ice Skating or Paddleboarding. Does anyone have  workaround? FItbit just told me to buy a Charge 6 instead!! Just got the 5 a year ago. Very disappointed, New firmware interface has less functionality instead of more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same complaint! BUT someone on another community post found a way to edit/recategorize our exercises in the app! 

In Today, select Exercise Days, then select 3 dots in upper right corner, and Manage Data. Scroll down and select Exercise (Exercise Logs, GPS Tracking). Select teal text link that says REVIEW YOUR DATA below third paragraph of text. That brings you back to the old app format of the exercise data so that you can recategorize workouts as you wish. Save and go back to the new (ugly, clunky, awful) app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this. It didn't work for me. After I selected Manage Data I got a screen only showing the diamond dot logo. The only option seems to be to select Done in the upper right hand corner.  Could not scroll down to select  Exercise or anything. Manipulated the screen a  bit and went in and out of the app and the logo vanished so  just had a blank screen, no change from there. In general I have noticed the new app to be very slow on my iPhone. Things take a long time to load or don't load so the app is frozen. The touch screen does not react.  When I select an Outdoor Workout, sometimes the GPS map and Heart rate charts don't load. I have to go to my computer Dashboard to get the info. And when it does load, the map know does not show the distance. I also noticed that the calculated  average heart rate were different on the app than on my computer dashboard. How does that happen? I guess my IPhone 13 Pro does not play well with the app. This might be an instance of that.  Can't get to Exercise step as app is frozen.  The new app is just terrible. Any further help much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update is horrible, use to double tap on main screen and zone colors would show up , but not any more . From what I'm reading I think most people prefer the old app appearance.To bad theres no way to uninstall the update. Lesson learned don't fix whats not broken, mine was 100% fine before update now its probably going to get replaced with a different product.

----

Does anyone know how to get low heart rate notifications sent to the updated app? I had them for months before the update but now they only show up on the tracker. I don't get a history anymore which is needed for my doctors. I've read everything on line on how to fix this but nothing works, maybe its time to buy a tracker from a real company that knows what its doing. So disappointing!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Hello there, @mchili Welcome back to the community!

The new clock faces issue has been solved, you can check them out already!

Best Answer

Hi, @shed53 Welcome back to the community!

I totally understand the situation with the clock faces in the Charge 5 after the last firmware update.

You should be able to see them already, the issue has been solved already! Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Best Answer
0 Votes
For everyone? I can’t see any O2 options (Australia).

Also, I have recorded one HRV measurement over the last two months! It randomly popped up a few nights ago. Nothing before, nothing since. I have tried everything that has been suggested to me. Why is Fitbit (Google) so blatantly dismissive of their customers concerns? You can’t sell a product that you know doesn’t work!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit really doesn't listen to a word its users say, does it?

Users say they want to be able to see multiple stats at once. Fitbit gives us one at a time.

Users say they are annoyed by diagonal clock faces. Fitbit gives us zero digital clock faces that aren't diagonal.

Users say they want less cartoonish, more professional faces. Fitbit gives us neon colors.

These faces are just redundant iterations of the existing faces for this watch. There's nothing new. It's single stats with diagonal clocks in bright colors, just like the previous faces. There's so much vertical space on the Charge 5, they could have given us a clean, simple, horizontal clock over stats. I'm not surprised they didn't (in the 2 years I've been a Fitbit user, I've seen zero indication that they care at all what users want), but I am disappointed.

This is yet another reason I do not recommend Fitbit to friends or family.

Best Answer

@CrisVillaFitbit  thank you! I like the choices!!

Best Answer

Hello there, @Paolov80 Welcome back to the community!

Thanks for letting me know about the watch faces using your Charge 5. You should be able to see them already, this situation has been solved.

I appreciate your post and your patience!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. @Perlut Welcome to the community!

Thank you for posting your situation in regards to the clock faces. You can now see the new clock faces on your Charge 5, our team has solved this situation!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Cmorehouse Welcome back to the forums!

Thanks for making us know about this situation with the Charge 5 that was not turning on.

I was able to confirm you contacted support and they were able to provide you with a solution, if you have any other questions or concerns, my best recommendation would be to contact them once again.

I appreciate your patience and efforts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 5 auto-updated without my knowledge. Noticed that my Wallet tile has totally disappeared. This plus the inability to pay using Visa since 1 Jan 2024 has been most frustrating. Pls offer a solution soon for Visa payment on Android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact support. I got a new pebble even though it was out of warranty. Mines was about 1-2 months out. That was when I updated to the previous update with known battery drain. I’m very reluctant to update at the moment. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same result with just the Fitbit Logo and nothing else. No repose other wise. This is the 3rd Fitbit unit I have had that an Update has killed my unit that was just out of warranty.

As this is about my 5th unit I've been very dedicated, If I have to trash this one after 13 months I think I am done with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,@Cath1366 Nice to see you here!

Thanks for letting us know about the clock faces you can see for your Charge 5. Some users had a situation where they were unable to see these clock faces, I appreciate the information you put since this situation has been solved already, thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @MeaghanCR Welcome back to the community!

I understand and thanks for sharing the situation with the missing new clock faces for your Charge 5.

Our team has solved this and you are now able to see the new watch faces, I appreciate your understanding and patience while we were fixing this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @La2468 Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for posting your situation with the Charge 5 after the update.

Can you explain in detail what is going on with it? Answering these questions will help me understand your situation so I can better help you:

- Are the LED lights on the back turned on?
- How long did you charge it?
- If you have not charged your Fitbit recently, we ask you to try charging it for 2 hours.
- When you connect your Fitbit device to the charging cable, does it vibrate?
- Did you try the steps in our support article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Losing previous exercise days. Whole days, not individual exercises. Some days then come back and others disappear. Fitbit is no longer fit for purpose. A fitness tracker that doesn’t track fitness. 

Best Answer

Today my battery had over 60% and the next minute it was blinking red claiming that it has only 4%. I have plugged it in and now it is showing the logo and nothing happens. I assume it‘s another update gone wrong … 

Best Answer