Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Charge 5 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
835 REPLIES 835

After all the issues I had with the Fitbit Charge 5, I thought it was a one-off type issues so I actually purchased a Fitbit Charge 6, but I'm going to return it now after seeing that it's not just a one-off and pretty consistent bad tech/warranty support.  

Best Answer

Took days to sync but has finally done it. Not user friendly. Also the colours of the phone app have rendered it almost completely unusable! I can't believe it's not possible to change the theme/colour palette. PLEASE CHANGE THIS! it's such a small thing to do and makes such a difference. This has been reported on numerous other threads btw. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think one can change App theme.  I am using iPhone.   When I upgraded App it took a bit of time to adjust but now it’s second nature.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

LizzyFitbit asked for feedback about firmware update 194.91.

My feedback is yet another case study highlighting the battery issues associated with that update.

I updated the firmware on my Charge 5 to 194.91 several days ago and noticed that the battery seemed to be draining MUCH quicker than in the past.

Yesterday, I did a simple experiment. I charged the device to 100%. It was 2:45 pm when I removed it from the charger. I left the fully charged tracker on the table (that is, I did not wear it) and periodically checked the battery level. Within one hour, it was down to 71%. By 6:00 pm (3-1/4 hours), the device had turned itself off. When I attached the charger, the screen lit up and indicated 1% charge.

Recharging the device every three hours is just plain silly (among other things). I certainly can't use my Charge 5 as a fitness tracker - and it's way too ugly to consider it jewelry.

I expect Fitbit/Google to take responsibility and provide a solid fix very, very soon. Google employs some of the best software engineers in the world. Surely those folks can figure out how to roll the firmware back to the previous version so we can all use our trackers while they work to determine the problem with the recent update. 

Get it together, Fitbit. Tell us what's going on and what you're doing to make things right.

Best Answer

Since the last update, my Fitbit Charge 5 battery started draining fast. The product is just one year old and out of warranty. The customer service is saying they can't do anything about it. Apart from some standard troubleshooting, they did nothing to resolve the issue. Standard email replies with fancy statements are coming, but of no use. I have to just throw this device as it is of no use. I dont recommend any Fitbit products for any user. Please beware and stay away from such fradulent companies making substandard products

Best Answer

Same here, my charge 5 is dead. The last answer I received from Fitbit was this:

Screenshot_20240203_210701_X.jpg

And I saw that this issue is scaling fast...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68140297.amp

I hope there's a new update on the way to fix this.

Best Answer

Prior to the Fitbit Charge 5, I had an Fitbit Ionic and last year there was a recall on it.  Fitbit actually handled it very well.  They were extremely helpful, gave me credit me for the Ionic, provided me with a discount coupon for another fitbit so I purchased the Charge 5.  That's how companies should respond to issues with their products.  Definitely, not representative of how they're responding now.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer
I have to recharge every 2-3 days as well. Only good thing is that
recharging is fairly fast.
Best Answer
0 Votes

1. No

2. Android.

Have not fired up my mine since Feb 2023 and still on 188.58.  I have never previously had issues with this device and currently after resurrection all is still seemingly OK.  Glad I saw this thread prior to updating my unit!

Best Answer

After update my charge5 won't sync. I had to clear al user data. After repairing, in one day the same problem. My sleep data is 0 in the morning.

Last fitbit device for me. And I had Charge from 2nd gen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well in the early hours of friday morning my fitbit charge 5 developed a blank screen as i was walking at work, but was still registering my steps on the app,  speaking to fitbit support they told me troubleshooting things to do,  i tried these to no avail,  they asked my email and told me my fitbit was out of warranty and sent me a link to buy a new one.

Well id bought my wife the versa 3 a couple of weeks before i got mine but she didnt like the strap so it hadnt been worn much,  so the next day on the saturday morning,i charged it up. Did a factory reset and linked it to my app and email,  i went to the gym around 4hrs later and it then just started randomly vibrating,  when i looked at it i just had the fitbit start up logo,  then it switched off and i couldnt get it back on,  i got it home and tried to charge thinking ( hoping it wasnt the same as my charge 5,  but no use. Again i contacted fitbit support and again the same answers,  when i gave them the email address again they said that the versa 3 had already been "deemed defective"  on my email and to buy another as id ran out of warranty again,  when i asked what they mean by "deemed deffective" and they stopped replying,  2 in 24hrs seemed a bit suspicious,  and now i find all these other problems... yet fitbit wont help..  

Cant see fitbit lasting much longer without resolving this problem

Best Answer

Exactly the same!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sad but true. My (Google) FitBrick 5 has become its own gravestone. 

Best Answer

My battery life dropped to about 18 hours. After the update and my screen no longer works. I can still track it with my phone but no screen, no reset even using the cable, and battery is down to about 18 hours. Customer support said sucks to be you, buy a new fitbit. I think I am done with fitbit.

Best Answer

Just sent my 9th Mail to Fitbit Support on this Firmware Update who are just replaying with basically prepared stock answers even when i ask for my case to be escalated.

I think its terrible that Fitbit and Goggle are hiding behind the support staff because of Firmware that is clearly not fit for purpose.  The staff have my sympathies who are doing there job with there hands tied behind there backs. 

Fitbit its time to take some responsibility and make amends because all i hear and see are your customers considering what product (not Fitbit/Google product) they will purchase next. 

I was considering to upgrade to a Sense 2 model or higher,. but recent experience has made me think again.

Best Answer

Hello, @Paolov80, welcome back to the community.

Thanks for letting me know about the clock faces after this updated in your Charge 5.

My best recommendation would be posting this idea in the Product Feedback board in the community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers. Make sure to post your idea including as many details as possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue.  Charge 5 won't take updates.  Fitbit owes me a new one i don't care if it's been over a year this is ridiculous 

Best Answer

Hello, @Ykaiser, welcome back.

Thanks for letting me know about this situation in regards to the screen in your Charge 5.

Can you try these steps, please?

- In the Fitbit app, touch your profile picture, touch your Fitbit device and click 'Sync Now'. For more information click here.
- Restart your device by following the steps here.
- After this, change the clock face of your Charge 5. In the Fitbit app, you can access the image of your profile and the image of your Fitbit device, touch the gallery and the screen and click on the clock face, preferably one of Fitbit and install.

Let me know how it goes after this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the community, @Ramiiii, it is nice to see a new face here.

Thanks for letting me know about this situation in regards to the syncing of your Charge 5.

I was able to confirm you contacted support via chat and they were able to provide you with a solution, if you have any other questions or concerns, my best recommendation would be to contact them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Firmware ver 57.20001.194.78 is on mine but am not getting the option to update ? anyway to force it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes