Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Charge 5 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
803 REPLIES 803

I agree with you wholeheartedly, it's only after the last firmware update that now my Charge 5 ironically won't charge.

Tried the apparent fixes and instead of charging my battery, it drains it.

Bought it in the last year or two, unsure if it's still under warranty.

But the 50% off voucher is a kick in the guts considering that if we're having issues with the current device why would you want another lemon?

Do better Google/Fitbit and REPLACE them with a current model, not a poxy 50% off an OLD model.

It's not like Google can't afford it 

Customers deserve better than this third rate nonsense.

Best Answer

Since installing the update my app no longer receives data from my Fitbit - each field in the app (sleep, steps, etc) shows the words NO DATA. However, the watch is collecting data.  Solutions?  

----

Update since last post:  though I have rebooted my phone a few times since the update was installed, I decided to try it again and voila, all data missing from the previous two days is now reflected in my app.  Morale of story:  if at first you don’t succeed, try try again. (As opposed to definition of madness-lol) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't attempt to update anything when your Charge 5 is stuck on the blue diamond of death, no matter what you try. I can't set it back up with my phone because of the blue diamond of death. Unmarried it as a result of attempting every "step" suggested after the update prior to 194.91 bricked it. But of course Fitbit/Google refuses to publicly acknowledge THEY caused the problem, since that would open them to the necessity of replacing many multiple thousands of devices. Glad I made the correct decision to cut my losses and replace it with an Amazfit Band 7 instead of waiting for a fix.

Best Answer

With the update the activities are no longer staying as I have ordered them.  It automatically changes to most recent activity you used.  What is the purpose of ordering the activities as you want them to appear if it is automatically going to change to the most recent?  These changes should be communicated to people that own the Charge 5 without having to find out when you try something and all of sudden it is different.

Best Answer

I like some of the updates like more exercise choices on the watch. However, my battery is decreasing at a faster rate. Also, I can view my sleep data in the app but nothing shows up on the watch itself. 

Best Answer

Ever since I updated my Charge 5, i can’t seem to sync it!! I’ve tried to restart it, change the connection, use data etc…

please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So there is no way to see your sleep score on your Charge 5 with the new firmware update?  I can't get my device to synch that data from my phone.  All other data available in the app synchs without issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tealpsu  Mine shows up on the watch initially but then disappears later on... supposedly there is going to be another update Jan 8 that is supposed to fix all the problems as well as include the new watch faces... however, I am not holding my breath! 

Best Answer

Is there a way to add exercise modes/types to the list so that they’ll be on the device? My most used types of exercise are Barre and Dance, neither of which are among the current options on the device. Plus, with the new app update, it doesn’t seem as easy to recategorize exercises after the fact. In fact, I haven’t been able to figure out how to at all yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update? Jan 2nd here and still no new clock faces. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@decaturmamaof2  twitter fitbit support told me an update coming Jan 8 is going to reveal the new clock faces.. we shall see! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the update (I think this only started happening since the update but I can't be sure), the map function within the Run exercise has not worked. I start the exercise, I have Dynamic GPS and I'm connected, then I end the exercise. The Run shows up in my Activity with the correct duration, pace, distance etc., but no map, so no outline of the run or zone and pace splits. I just talked to Fitbit customer Service and was told that feature is no longer in the app, but it may be added back later. This seems very odd. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through same thing a few months ago, unfortunately without a resolution of the issue. The screen vibrated and went totally black. I also tried the reset/troubleshooting with nothing (screen remains black). One month out of warranty. Weird thing, I am still getting my "weekly stats" sent to my phone from the device, although it shows I have 'activity' only one day each week. The phone has been sitting in a box since screen went black. Hope you find a solution to your FitBit issues!

Best Answer

I am incredibly disappointed in Fitbit.  My first device (inspire HR) lasted nearly 5 years.  It was incredible.  Only replaced it because the battery wasn't lasting as long - what a mistake.  An ex-boyfriend gave me a new one (Charge 5) in 2022 for Christmas.  Surprise surprise, after doing the firmware update the Fitbit mysteriously died on Christmas Day (exactly one year after it was given to me).  None of the troubleshooting worked.  I'm now told my only option is to buy another new device; granted they are giving me a 50% off coupon but at this point I don't know that I want another device that will die exactly one year after purchase/set up.  I asked Fitbit if there is a recycling program for these devices - I now have the corpses of two deceased Fitbits sitting in my home.  I have not gotten an answer.  Very wasteful to continually force us to upgrade to new devices but provide no option for safe, eco-friendly disposal.

I wish I could give a Google review so that unsuspecting customers do not invest in these cheaply made devices.  I also wish I'd never upgraded to begin with an had managed to keep my old one limping along.  

I am sad to lose my Fitbit.  I am upset that the quality has gone down so much that the products last the exactly 2 weeks past the date of purchase (and therefore past the end of the warranty).  **ahem**ty products that waste rare earth minerals and simply end up in landfills are among the many things wrong with consumerism and the way humans live today.  

Best Answer

hi lizzy,

the update did not do well for me.

after the update, the device screen went black.  nothing can be seen.  i still feel the vibration when i did the reset.

i still could see the number in my phone.

it's just that the screen is black.

i reach out to fitbit's help team and did all what they told me to do.  no success.

then i was told "sorry, nothing more that we can do".

got the fitbit charge 5 in sep 2022.

started using fitbit in 2019.  bought the hr 2.  a freind if mine recommend it for jogging stats.

2022 sep hr 2 device went off and was told to stay.  fitbit gave a discount.

bought the charge 5 since it was the top of the line during that time.

it's just sad after 14 mos device is not working.

i'll be trying now garmin.

if one asks me about fitbit, i'll share with them my experience. 

Best Answer

we have the same experience.

i hope their r&d or tech team reads this, report to the management and do the right thing.

Best Answer

Exactly my experience.  It is apparently tracking to the app on my phone but tracker on wrist is black screen and unresponsive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Experiencing major battery issues: lasts a few hours versus previous 6+ days. Really unhappy. Please fix. I feel a lot of pressure to change log in to Google - is this a factor too?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was wondering the same re change to Google.. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wondering exactly the same…the problems seem to have beginning when I
started registering with Google.. there were some befor but nothing to see
with the big ones now😂😡
Best Answer
0 Votes