Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 GPS disconnection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

I have been offered a Charge 5 for my birthday a month ago. It's now a couple of weeks I have noticed the GPS keeps on disconnecting while running or cycling (I do triathlon). This is really annoying. Last Saturday morning, my watch set 40Km cycling, while I did 60Km. It keeps on disconnecting, and reconnecting sometimes. Same thing happened a week before while running. I run/cycle outside, at open spaces. Can you help please. Thanks.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I updated the firmware and now I’m experiencing the exact same problem while i’m running.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i have the exact same problem. Before i start a run my Charge 5 says GPS connected. When i start running the min/km rate is always lower that i know is true. Then about 10 or 15 mins in it say GPS turning off as it cant find connection. Ive even done run wearing my old TomTom Runner watch and that never loses GPS connection.

Ive just done the latest firmware update.

And I spoke to FitBit and that asked me to this and then try again:

"In this case, try these 2 things and test it.:

1. Plug your device into the charging cable Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses.
  2. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.
  3. Go to your Fitbit app.
  4. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture or avatar Icon at the upper left of the screen.
  5. Tap Set Up a Device.
  6. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue."

The lady also gave me a case number so if this doesnt work i can easily carry on from here so worth contacting them and trying this.

Stu

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your advice. I will try as my problem is still not solved. Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been experiencing this too.  It's 12 laps = a mile on the track at my gym.  After the update it started "losing" miles.  Started out slow just off by 1/4 mile then 1/2 mile and then yesterday I did 6.5 miles and my fitbit said I did 3.75 miles. Ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes