Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 and driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

Saturday I bought a fitbit charge 5. I'm very happy with it, but when I'm driving in my car he count it as steps I didn't made.

I read an article that says you can log driving as an activity, but when I go to training en log I can't find the training type driving. Does anyone know how I can delete the steps the fitbit counted while I was driving? 

Greetings,

Shanna

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, @Shanna13793 , our. Red to know the approximate time that you were driving and then it is simple.  Go to your Fitbit app and from the opening screen click on the exercise icon.  At the top right you will see a stop watch icon.  Click on that and choose “log previous” in the search box start to type “driving” and it should come up.  Next choose the time driving start and end and the steps recorded during that time period will be suppressed.  (If you make a mistake you can delete the driving log and the steps will reappear).    When you log driving it will show on your exercise record as an activity, and you will get exercise and calorie credit for it (!) but will show no steps.

I hope this helps!  Welcome to the forums.

For the future, if you do not want your Fitbit to record steps while driving, it can be helpful to take it off your wrist and slip it into a pocket or bra where it probably won’t record steps.  You could also set it to charge while you are driving - a Fitbit plugged in and charging will not record steps.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

Thanks for your answer! The problem is that I can't choose for driving when I'm in the exercise menu. I can choose for different sports, but not for driving..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Shanna13793 , rather than choosing “driving” on your Fitbit itself, it probably works best to log it later in your Fitbit app, as long as you know the times you were driving.  When you are ready, to log, on the opening screen of your app click on the exercise “tile”.  On the next screen, top right, you will see a stop watch icon.  Click on that and choose “log previous”.  Enter the start and end times of your driving activity, and in the search box begin typing “D…R…” You will see “driving” come up immediately.  Select “driving” and the steps detected will be suppressed.  If you make a mistake, deleting your log will restore the steps.

If for some reason you wish to track it at the time, then on your Fitbit go to the exercise app and track your driving as a “workout”.  When you sync your Fitbit it will sync as “workout”.  When it appears on your app as “workout” click on it and choose “categorize” or “edit” (depending on whether you use iOS or Android) and type “driving” in the search box.

A good tip to know is that the “workout” option on your Fitbit is especially designed so that you can change the name to any activity you like.

I hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I think there is something wrong with the app then.. when I type D.. R.. the app can't find anything. It only finds diving, scuba diving and dancing with the D.. (in the app and browser). I think I have to take off my charge when I'm driving.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shanna13793 , I’m so sorry to have been unclear - you took me literally!  You must type Dr - that is start typing “driving” and as soon as you type the d and the r the word driving will come up!  (I didn’t mean you should type the dots…)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hahahah I know! When I type dr, driving not comes up. The app can't find the word driving.. only diving, scuba diving and dancing.

Best Answer

Hi, @Shanna13793 , are you using iOS or Android?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using Android 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll send you a pic - but it may take me awhile (watching the footy…)

Meanwhile, if you want to deal with this asap, you should be able to log your driving in the web based interface if you want to check it out.  There is a link at the top right on every page here in the Community.  Click on “dashboard” then “log” then “activities”. Scroll down to “log activity” type driving in the box and follow instructions from there

Best Answer
0 Votes