Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery drain

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Having used the Charge 5 Fitbit for around 13 months I am experiencing severe battery drain issues despite having battery advantageous settings, from minimal apps, screen off until double tapped and having the gps off. The warranty got over at 12 months & not sure what to do. This is happening past 1 week & the device was perfectly fine before this.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

same here, after a chat they gave me a 35% off discount on a new one. 2 months out of warranty. 

Best Answer

Fitbit is making me mail mine back and then they will send me a new one or something. This one only lasted about 10 months. They always just replaced it before as they usually only last about a year. It dies. Then it works for five minutes, then it gets hung up on the logo screen. This return process has taken me weeks and I'll have to wait weeks more to get it replaced. Now I can't get my Inspire 2 to link up. So I would love to change devices as I am really disappointed in not only the device, but now the really slow customer service replacement.

Only a one year warranty in the US. 2 year is not required here. You can buy an extended warranty or purchase it with a credit card that includes a warranty.

Best Answer

I got a better deal from Sam's Club.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Managed to get a replacement from the retailer in Singapore. Fitbit claimed that it is not under their warranty. 

Best Answer

Mine was 1.5 years and Fitbit said is out of warranty too. I was given 35% discount voucher and ask me to purchase a new one.. I am from Singapore too. 

Best Answer

The two year warranty is only good in the EU and UK. Everywhere else it's 1 year. Mine only last a year, so looking at your credit card benefits may help as many have extended warranties on products purchased with the credit card. It looks like fitbit is making it harder to get your replacement. I now have to mail my failed one back, which I have never had to do before. I think the irritation factor will result in many people just not bothering. Also not bothering to buy a new fitbit.

Best Answer

I've had the same problem with sudden battery drain so went to online chat.

I have a new charge 5 on the way.

I had bought the original direct from fitbit last May so it was simple to sort out.

Thanks for all the info etc.

Best Answer

Not just EU/UK. Australia has 2 year warranty also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

True, but oddly not listed on my warranty paper. I wonder if other places have it and it's not mentioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was an agreement with the Australian Consumer watchdog that a 2y warranty would apply in Australia as the 1yr offered siding meet Aust consumer law/expectations (though their documentation does still show 1yr) .  Same as Europe, I don’t think Fitbit were given a choice. 

Best Answer

I know at least 6 former Fitbit owners that just upgrade to that well known watch!

Best Answer

Same battery drain issue emerging. About 15 months old. Used to go most of the week. Now it’s down to a daily drain. Something is simply wearing out.  I went thru all the steps and it continues to lose. I love my Fitbit and have purchased the new editions since they came out. Disappointing to say the least. A bit hopeless at this time. 

Best Answer
My device was still under warranty, I bought it through the ionic recall.
I contacted Fitbit support on Messenger, they had the record of my
purchase. I spent one evening syncing the device every 30 minutes to
demonstrate how quickly the battery drained. I was sent an authorization
to replace it, either a new device the same, or a 50% discount on a
different one. I sent in the claim and received my replacement within 3
days.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Devices with non-replaceable batteries must be regarded as disposable. I
wish they lasted longer than 12=15 months considering the cost.

--
<:3 )~
Best Answer

This exactly is what I am experiencing now.  My Charge 5 failed to charge right after 12 mon of warranty.  Worse of it was that it's already a replacement unit which I requested about 1 month after my purchase.  The warranty isn't extending even the first one was faulty.  

Is it a product issue? Or the problem with latest firmware??

Best Answer

The question everyone wants answered!!

Best Answer
Thanks for your information. My battery is doing a slower death but a week
charge is now daily.
Best Answer

I would add to this (saw it somewhere else, can't remember where):

- Charge up to 100% - the last bit from 99% to 100% can take a long while, but wait it out

- Reboot as you instruct once it's at 100%

- Do this every time you charge

It's taken me a couple of weeks, but the battery is up from draining in a few hours to draining in 1.5 - 2 days. Still not the 5 - 7 days I would get before the last update (when this problem started) but at least it's functional now. I had two problems start at once after the update: battery draining AND incessant prompts to add a credit card. Both stopped after I followed the instructions above.

Best Answer

Thanks for that. It’s the first time I’ve seen any suggestion of a fix for the issue.  While I now have a replacement I will try this with the replaced one, though I don’t have much confidence, as last time I tried to charge it it wouldn’t even light up after an hour on the charger - maybe too far gone. 

Best Answer
Thank you. Great thought. I do pull it at 99%. Will try this.
Best Answer
0 Votes