Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining quickly after the update

Updated the firmware on my Charge 5 and immediately the battery, which had no issues previously, started draining within 24 hours. Three days later it is now completely dead and won't charge. Fitbit is taking zero responsibility for this even though it is their update that caused the issue. I'm assuming other people are experiencing this as well? I find it completely unacceptable...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
139 REPLIES 139

If you're outside of warranty no luck and no service 

Best Answer

My battery won't hold a charge now! I have the fitbit 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m starting to think that my FitBrick Charge 5 battery drains so fast that the charger a never catch up. Maybe that’s why it won’t start up, and stays on the Black Screen of Death..?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer service and received an email outlining troubleshooting tips that haven’t accomplished anything other that having me waste my time trying. The firmware update, that they claim didn’t cause problems, seems to be the common thread to all the battery and bricking issues. 

Best Answer

Your update bricked our devices and you are pretending not to acknowledge it it's not a hardware defect it's a software problem be serious .shame on you 

Best Answer

Another victim.   Won’t hold a charge more than 6 hours.  Happened suddenly, from one day to the next.  Less than 2 months out of warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do believe their aware of the problem but their solution was the
following response to me.Which should explain everything..Boils down to
they want us to purchase yet another Fitbit rather then solve the problem
with the battery draining so fast...I politely told them thanks but no
thanks

Thanks for getting back to us. We understand your situation and we suggest
to search in our authorized retailers so you can check with them if they
have Charge 5 availability.
https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/partners/retailers.

We look forward to getting you back on track. If you have any additional
questions about your Fitbit device or services, visit help.fitbit.com
<>.
Sincerely,

Sebas M. and the Fitbit Team
Best Answer

Mine shows 100% charged and within 1 hour its says battery drained and dead

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am experiencing same issue . What is the solution for this ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution at this stage. 
contact support. I think the more everyone can log the issue with support the better. 

Best Answer

Weird thing is the bluetooth is connected to my device now . Saying 100% battery percentage . And I tried to reset by pressing the button on charging cable 3 times , and it keep vibrating , but nothing happened . The screen still black 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Couldn't agree with you more .Everyone with the same issue ought to
contact Fit Bit support
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally JUST chatted with Fitbit about mine draining and now it's completely DEAD.  I put it on the charger (3 hours after charging it to 100%, it's already dead) and it buzzed incessantly while frozen on the startup screen and then went black. I did the last update about a week ago and my battery immediately last half it's battery life, I've been charging it twice a day since.  Last night I charged it to 100% before I went to bed and it was dead when I woke up, but charged this morning.  Now ... nothing. 2nd one in 14 months.  I'm pretty sure my warranty is out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the 2nd one was a replacement under warranty, so I only PAID for one and I don't intend on paying for another one at this point. 

Best Answer

Post 194.1 update my charge 5 battery is draining out and it’s not reaponsive to touch anymore. I tried restarting the watch but nothing helped. It feels that this is a deliberate attempt to brick our Charge 5 watches

Best Answer
After talking with Fitbit support team.Your right ,I was told to visit
their site to purchase a new Charge 5.Told them thanks but no thanks...I
knew my warranty was up didn't need them to tell me that.. ! But I would
have thought with all the people complaining about the same problem that
they would & or should had been able to correct it as it all started after
the last update..They left me with the feeling tough luck buy another or
deal with it..
Good luck
Best Answer
Same. They will no longer have my business.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only messages I get are them telling me they're removing my messages. So for the last time, signing off. Removed all apps and data. Have spent the money and gone with the other/ better guy. Will never endorse another fitbit. For nearing a decade they were my go to and now they'll be getting the support they gave me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had whatever variety of Fitbit devices over the last near-decade, and remained loyal despite a few device malfunctions/deaths.  I was even excited when Google took over, expecting quality and innovation.  Instead this is how my brand loyalty comes to an end.  What a shame. 

Best Answer
0 Votes