Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery is draining too quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 is not staying charged since the update was done what can be done 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @Chevybear88!

Sad to hear you're having issues with your Charge 5. As a first attempt to get things fixed I'd suggest restarting it. Before doing so you should make sure you've synced your device to not lose any data tracked so far. Next please closely follow these instructions as timing is crucial for this procedure:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

I'd like to point out that it sometimes requires more than one attempt to restart Charge 5. So, before throwing the towel, please give it another try.

There also might a problem with charging itself. So please have a closer look here to hopefully get a hint what might solve your issue:

Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Hello & welcome @Chevybear88 

When my Charge 5 battery kept losing power faster than usual, I restarted my device multiple times over several days and kept recharging it. It finally went back to the battery lasting 6-7 days. 

I used the Settings menu on the Charge 5 itself to keep restarting my device:

• Swipe down from the clock face until you see the Settings tile (last one)
  • Tap on Settings
  • Swipe up until you see Restart Device (last option)
  • Tap on Restart Device
  • Swipe up to see the Restart blue tile
  • Tap on Restart
  • The screen will go black for a few seconds, then it will display the Fitbit logo
  • When it finishes restarting, you should see the clock face

Or you can follow the instructions that @Talahthas provided

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes