Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery started draining after the update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently updated my charge 5 because it says that it needed an update. But I realized that since the update, the battery is constantly draining itself in a day or 2. It’s quite inconvenient. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums @Darkn3ss.

Thank you for the information provided regarding the Charge 5 that is not charging. Please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

If the device is charging, but the screen is completely black, make sure that you've also completed the restart procedure described here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s charging it’s mostly now that after the update it just drains itself after 1 to 2 days at most. It’s quite inconvenient. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Darkn3ss ,

When my Charge 5 battery started losing power faster than normal, I restarted my device and recharged it multiple times over several days. This process finally got my device "unstuck" and the battery went back to lasting 6-7 days. Hopefully, you will have a similar experience. 

There are 2 ways to restart the Charge 5. Click here for instructions on: How to restart Charge 5 

Edited to add new tip

I just read that a couple of our users found that turning off SpO2 decreased battery drain. One user also turned off ECG and EDA, which seemed to decrease the battery drain. You might try this tip and see if this works for you. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Thanks for all the tips. But I have had to simply open a claim with the insurance I had gotten for it because it just died and refused to charged. 

Best Answer
0 Votes