Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 crashes regularly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR 5 crashes about once a week (I get the 5 small dots or it freezes) is this due to the clock face I'm using and switching to a different one may work better ?

I'm also not seeing any active minutes increase when I'm cycling. I can see my heart rate is up but when I'm done, active minutes have hardly changed, this didn't happen on the HR 4. Is this expected or some kind of bug ? 

My HR 4 worked better and I'm surprised the crashing issue hasn't been fixed by a software update.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @alihut67

I appreciate all the information that you've provided about this inconvenience with your Charge 5. 

If you haven't done so already, please try these general recommendations that are usually helpful with any type of display issues: 

1. Complete the 3 pulse restart procedure method using the charging cable.
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app. 
  3. If you  can't sync:
    • Remove the device in the Fitbit app.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
    • Set up the device again.
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

Regarding the active zone minutes, these are based on your heart-pumping activity throughout the day. The restart procedure could be helpful with this as well, but I also recommend that you follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer