Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 data isn't resetting at midnight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge5 stopped refreshing daily data on April 6. It’s now has enormous data totals from several days. What do I do to refresh it?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @forester60, and welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 5. This is odd and if you haven't done so, try restarting your tracker to refresh its performance, syncing with the Fitbit app and monitoring its behavior in the next days. Your tracker should start tracking your stats from zero after midnight. If by any chance the issue persists, please let me know so I can continue helping you with this.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @forester60, and welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 5. This is odd and if you haven't done so, try restarting your tracker to refresh its performance, syncing with the Fitbit app and monitoring its behavior in the next days. Your tracker should start tracking your stats from zero after midnight. If by any chance the issue persists, please let me know so I can continue helping you with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.
Best Answer

Hi there, @forester60.

You're welcome! Thanks to you for getting back and I hope your Charge 5 is now working correctly. In case you have some spare time, you can check out our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. Happy stepping! 😎

Best Answer

Hello, 

I see this thread is a ywar old but trying anyway 🙂 My Charge 5 started having this problem last night. At 1am, it had not reset. I’ve restarted it twice and it is still showing yesterday's data. It also can't sync on my phone. I'm going to try unpairing it and also logging out from the app. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Best Answer

Hello, I have a Fitbit Charge 5 as well, and this issue started happening to my Fitbit. I’ve tried restarting it and syncing to the app, but it’s still showing my step count from yesterday…

Best Answer

Glad I'm not the only one.. I feel like it is a software glitch. When I tap the home screen to see the different screens, like heart rate zone, total steps, calories, etc, the progress bar on the left flashes orange which didn't happen before... but it not a tech person so that could just be coincidental. I'm going to try a "long reset" using the button on the power cord as suggested elsewhere from a Google search. Will post if any luck 🙂 

Best Answer

Re: fitbit not resetting at midnight...Fixed it!! I plugged in my fitbit charge 5 as if to charge and pressed the reset button on the charger, first held it for 30 secinds and nothing happened so then I pressed it off/on about 6 times. Then tapped the screen and it showed the battery had drained down to 5% (from about 80%!) so I left it to charge and when I came back 30 mins later, it was at 50%, had reset all counts, and is working properly now. Hope this helps anyone else for whom the simple "restart" solution also did not work. 

@adrianefit Check my post below. Fixed mine, hopefully this will work for yours too🙂 

Best Answer

Thanks! Mine ended up resetting after I walked around for a few minutes while wearing it. My step count from yesterday was still showing this morning until I synced it to the app, so it does seem like an intermittent thing that resets under certain circumstances. If I run into the issue again, I'll give what you did a try.

Best Answer

Hi there, @adrianefit. @SunsetRunner Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread and your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 5. I'm glad you got this sorted out and I'm sure your suggestions will help other members visiting the forums.

By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, find inspiring stories and start your own topics. Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes