Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 does not properly record heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When biking the Charge5 does not properly record heart rate. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @7562.  

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience you've been experiencing with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, I recommend that you try restarting the device again using the three pulse restart method mentioned here below, instead of the restart option found on the Charge 5 itself: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition, please follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading, this has been useful to other users who have experienced something similar. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done this about 5 times since the last update came through & it has made no difference. Battery drain has become awful. I used to only require charging every 4-5 days but now barely make it through 1… suddenly as of the last 2 weeks or so (again, when a firmware update installed on my Charge 5 device).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for sharing that you've also been experiencing these issues with the battery and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've provided you with some instructions. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Thanks again for sharing all your comments and feedback about this. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes