Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 is stuck on Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I took my charge 5 off for a couple days due to skin irritation, went to put it on this morning and it's completely dead. It was on 70%battery when I took it off. I thought I'd put it on the charger to see if it had died. The screen filled with lines, then the charging symbol, followed by the fitbit logo, then it went black and is again unresponsive. I have only had this fitbit for 5 weeks so still new. Really annoyed this happened, any suggestions for a fix?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Can I check if you have set the screen brightness to 'Dim' mode?

I'm into my 2rd replacement and I'm wondering if it might have something to do with setting the screen brightness to 'Dim' .

A couple of weeks ago, the current Charge 5 I'm using which is still less than 6 months old, the screen suddenly did not turn on when I woke up in the morning. I wear it to sleep for tracking my sleep. Then out of desperation, with the flickering display, I managed to set the screen brightness back to 'Normal' and it seems to work fine until now.

Perhaps Fitbit might want to take a look at what is happening when the screen brightness is set to Dim.

Perhaps this might be why my Fitbit Charge 5 could never last as long as others who have no problem with theirs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same happened for me and I am pissed actually. Yesterday my charge 5 went off, also at 70% battery. Tried to reset it, that worked for 3 sec. But it remains stuck at the exact time it malfunctioned yesterday and it cant synchronize to my phone (bc it just shuts off again). I am actually done with fitbit honestly bc I also had trouble with sensa 2 before and replaced it after 18 months, my boyfriend has a charge 4 and the wristband broke after a few months which was a also a very common problem, but they said they couldn't fix or replace it. My charge 5 alrrady stopped working properly after less than one year. So I'd be surprised if they're actually going to fix this, if not I am not going to buy a fitbit ever again. 

Best Answer