Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge 5 won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been a Fitbit user since 2018. I'm currently using the Charge 5. My charge 5 turned itself off yesterday 8/8/23 and now I am unable to turn it back on. This is my second charger 5 in a year. I've tried pushing the button on my charger 3 times but it still doesn't turn on. What can I do?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Probably nothing, as it’s been bricked by the recent update. Read through the posts on this forum for more info.

Original Flex (March 2014); Charge HR; Alta HR; Original Versa; Inspire; Sense; Charge 5; Inspire 2
Best Answer

Same issue here. I have had it for only 18 months and it has crashed and will only display the logo. Attempted many resets and no change. Support tells me too bad - too sad past 12 month warranty. Switched back to my 6 year old Charge 2. Charge 5 is trash and they don't stand behind their product. Save your money and buy a Garmin or Apple watch.

Best Answer

Seriously? That's it, game over for my Fitbit Charge 5? Same thing here, black screen, won't reset, Fitbit logo flashed up briefly then nothing.

Best Answer

Mine won’t turn on today either. I received mine as a Mothers Day gift this year so I’ve only had it for a few months. Tried the restart button but nothing happened. Not sure what to do now! 

Best Answer

Mine died yesterday

black screen, unable to restart

red x :cross_mark: appeared temporarily 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, seriously.

Original Flex (March 2014); Charge HR; Alta HR; Original Versa; Inspire; Sense; Charge 5; Inspire 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done this only had it a couple of months . How do you restart, I can’t find a buttion

Best Answer
0 Votes

If they can crash them all on the same day, they can surely fix them as well. Frustrating!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it’s hard to see. The button is on your the end of the charging cord that you would plug into a cube that goes into the outlet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sheilajcliffe 

There is a small inset button on the USB end of the charging cable that came with your Charge 5. See picture below: 

Charge 5 Charging cable_pix.jpg

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

This is so crazy, I got mine in February and I’m having the same issue. They’ve directed me to warranties, thank goodness I got a warranty plan this time smh. But still I had issues with my 4 which is why I got the 5

Best Answer

I just contacted support, my watch was under warranty so they will be sending a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is being replaced too !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer