Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 is tracking steps while cycling

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 5 accurately records by outdoor bicycle ride but also adds about 2000 steps when I have taken no more the a dozen steps. I've seen from the forums people have been talking about this since the charge 2. How can I get my charge 5 to quit recording steps when I use the bicycle exercise app on the watch?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Simple answer is to ride over less bumps 

It is the bouncing of the handlebars tgat are adding steps. 

Some people feel a bike ride doesn't give them enough steps? 

Some want every pedal stroke counted, 

Someone the miles converted to steps, but haven't mentioned what conversion rate to use? 

Some want all steps removed. 

So who should fitbit cater to? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 5 records over a thousand steps every 15 minutes while cycling whether the road is smooth or bumpy!! That is bonkers.

I don't want "steps" recorded while I'm cycling. No need for "conversion factors" - all the app needs is a "don't count steps while doing this exercise" option for each exercise. who wants steps while swimming??

This has been reported on forums since 2018 as far as I can see and FitBit have provided various answers, none of which deliver what users want. If I had known this I wouldn't have bought it. The steps "total" is a fantasy figure which is trying too hard to award "movement" in a standard format which renders the figure meaningless. OK if you want to brag about how many steps you've done but hopeless if you want an accurate record.

Best Answer
0 Votes