Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps crashing during workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During workout charge 5 device automatically shutdown 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @Hemanth_216!

Sad to hear you're having issues with your Charge 5. As a first approach to hopefully get things fixed, I'd suggest restarting it. Before doing so you should make sure you've synced your device to not lose any data tracked so far. Also you should verify that the charging contacts on your device are clean and the charging pins on it's charging adapter are clean as well and can move flawlessly. In doubt, please have a look here:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Next please closely follow these instructions as timing is crucial for this procedure:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

I'd like to point out that it sometimes requires more than one attempt to restart Charge 5. So, before throwing the towel, please give it another try.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Hemanth_216. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

You can also try @Talahthas's tips and recommendations. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes