Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps losing Bluetooth connection

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, I solved one problem and now have another. My Charge 5 keeps constantly connecting and disconnecting with Bluetooth and it’s very frustrating. Any ideas? I’ve tried all the usual things!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, thank you for sharing this information about the trouble you've been having with your Charge 5, @Mamfy

Before considering other options, let me know if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems, and make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Regarding the specific problem with the Bluetooth getting disconnected constantly, the team is aware of it and they are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible, but we haven't received other updates about this for the moment. 

Hope this helps, have a good day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

Hi, thank you for sharing this information about the trouble you've been having with your Charge 5, @Mamfy

Before considering other options, let me know if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems, and make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Regarding the specific problem with the Bluetooth getting disconnected constantly, the team is aware of it and they are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible, but we haven't received other updates about this for the moment. 

Hope this helps, have a good day. 

Best Answer

Bought charge 5 10 days ago. Have bluetooth connected and then immediately not connected on my iPhone. Shall I return it to the shop? Looks like this is common problem which is yet no answer 

Best Answer

Mine's the same. Spend a frustrating few days back and forth with Customer Services who asked me to send a video of it happening. Did this who then said they would escalate it. Someone emailed me a few days ago literally asking the same questions I'd already answered. The customer service is hopeless - every answer refers you to the absolute basics that everyone has tried

Best Answer

I have the same problem, and it is getting worse for each day. I sincerly hope for a quick fix from Fitbit - otherwise I will go for another brand 😒

Best Answer

I have literally tried everything so hoping for a quick fix as I love Fitbit otherwise!

-----

Apart from this I really love Fitbit and have had one for a number of years but disappointed that the latest model has issues. Fingers crossed that a fix is found. 

-----

Yep I’ve literally tried everything so hoping it’s solved very soon!!

-----

Fingers crossed that a fix is found very soon because I really do love Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with the app on my iPhone and iPad. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for all your replies and welcome to all the new users in the Community. 

If you haven't done so already, please make sure to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here earlier if your device is not syncing properly. 

For the inconvenience with the Bluetooth that is getting disconnected constantly, the team is already aware of this problem and they're working to find a solution for this, but we haven't received other updates for the moment. 

If you're still experiencing the same problems to sync after all the recommendations, please continue the communication with the Customer Support team for further instructions and let them know of the steps that you already tried  if you already have a case created with them. Click here to get connected.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with this. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just purchased the Fitbit 5 and immediately having the Bluetooth connect/disconnect back and forth. 

I've followed all the processes and still no joy.

Is there an imminent fix? Else I will return and revert to my Fitbit 4.

Best Answer
No, I did'nt get a fix and I returned it. Then I bought Fitbit sense, which
was working okay, then screen came out while asleep. Fitbit gave me
replacement of my Sense.
Best Answer

I have the same problem, and then I have to uninstall Fitbit app and delete Fitbit off blue tooth, and reinstall it, this seems to happen once a day? Any answers

Best Answer

The same issue with me also. It just connects and disconnects constantly. Very frustrated.

Best Answer

Are there any answers???
Otherwise I will send it back and buy an Apple Watch…??

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

This is why I finally returned my charge 5 and got sense. Now sense also keeps doing the same, remove from bluetooth and the it pairs again. Fortunately it pairs though. To me it looks like they are not mature product company and so is the problem 

Best Answer

Yes. It’s a bad product. I returned after 2 weeks and got sense. That is better but still keeps disconnecting and asks me to fremove and the it pairs up. Better to look for other options than Fitbit 

Best Answer

I will be sending mine back, I always wonder how they can release a product into the market when they have these problems???

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I don't think as of now any solutions. First, I thought it was an issue with my unit so I got it replaced. But the new one also has the same issue.

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to share these reports with us. As mentioned above, our team is aware of this issue and they're working to identify a solution for all our affected members. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Your feedback is appreciated and please know it'll be passed along so we can keep our team informed of this situation.

While we don't have a time frame, be sure to keep your Charge 5 and Fitbit app up-to-date as you've been doing so far. Once we have more details, we'll update this thread.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, but I have just bought this one and I only have 7 days to send it back, I can't keep loading every day because it fails? When will say a CHARGE 6 " come out?

Kind Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my Charge 5 today. Having the same sync issue as described above. Resolution? Compensation? This is frustrating to get a new product home and it not work as intended. Highly disappointed. 

Best Answer